Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Recommended Tv

H

Hogie

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I'm looking to purchase a Tv for my Cali, can anyone suggest a reasonably priced option, also any accessories required to guarantee a decent picture.
Thanks

We have a Bauhn 22 inch tv we bought from Aldi about 4 years ago. Obviously we haven’t actually fitted it anywhere as it’s too big and wouldn’t really like to have it fitted permanently anyway..We just sit in on the glass cooker top on a towel. It’s both 240 and 12 volt so can be used in the cigarette socket if you want.. Good picture and DVD..About £120 when in stock..We use it in our kitchen when at home..

I’ve always used Avtex TV’s and found them very well suited to vans. They’re expensive but you do get 12v/230v, and a DVD player combined. I use a portable Avtex aerial which also works well. I’ve got a spare Avtex TV I would sell when you’ve decided what you want.

I’ve got one of these to use with my iPad.....
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B016DDPABQ/?tag=eliteelect-21

Works great so long as there’s a decent signal.

Worth using the search function as there are lots of posts on the subject.
We’ve been using a phone with an unlimited data plan to stream iPlayer etc and then connecting it by WiFi to an old iPad BUT when there’s a very weak 4G signal (or no Wi-Fi available) we’ve been stuck with no TV.
So, bought the August device recommended by @ArunAlec and set it up today. Brilliant bit of kit, small and inexpensive.
So now as long as there’s a TV signal we’re sorted regardless of 4G or WiFi availability :)

2627D173-D0BD-4AA7-A308-71F6A68ECC7E.jpeg

C51E9E84-B872-4E57-971B-26012CE4D486.jpeg

7B0D3242-5C37-4A3A-8E86-39D4D2C8C5A3.jpeg

We’ve been using a phone with an unlimited data plan to stream iPlayer etc and then connecting it by WiFi to an old iPad BUT when there’s a very weak 4G signal (or no Wi-Fi available) we’ve been stuck with no TV.
So, bought the August device recommended by @ArunAlec and set it up today. Brilliant bit of kit, small and inexpensive.
So now as long as there’s a TV signal we’re sorted regardless of 4G or WiFi availability :)

View attachment 81141

View attachment 81142

View attachment 81143

I love how you fix your iPad to the seat. What do you use, please?

The last couple of campsites we have stayed at there was no tv signal at all but the WiFi was so good we just watched it over the Internet.

The last couple of campsites we have stayed at there was no tv signal at all but the WiFi was so good we just watched it over the Internet.
Good to have a few options :)