Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear Suspension

Cameron1960

Cameron1960

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
I recently discovered had a broken offside rear coil spring (fortunately still under warranty), which was replaced by VW at a local van dealership, they also very kindly replaced the undamaged nearside rear spring (which apparently is 'the done thing', so that the springs have the same 'tension').

The vehicle is definitely lower at the rear now as it 'bottoms out' when pulling on and off our drive. I mentioned this to the garage and they suggested I check the colour coded markings on the springs, the N/S spring has 3 white and one blue lines while the O/S has four pink stripes. Apparently the O/S spring is the correct one and the garage are replacing the N/S this week with the correct one. The original front springs have a grey and green stripe on them.

This may not be particularly scientific but the distance from the top of the alloy wheel to the body of the wheel arch on the front is 24cm, however the distance on the rear is 20cm, thus making the rear 4cm lower than the front! I hate to this what it will be like under a full load! Any comments / advice would be greatly