Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear pull out drawer for Ocean

D

ddl

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi All,

I am contemplating the purchase of the rear boot slide out drawer for my Cali Ocean and looking at the ones from Campervanbits and Calicap.

1)Does anyone have feedback on either drawer, or provide comparisons on them.

2)Has anyone had experience of purchasing anything from Calicap since Brexit as I am also looking at their wardrobe shelves too.

Thanks in advance.

Have you considered this one? Heckauszug / slide out boot tray Gruenthal-Mobilecamping

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk

Hi All,

I am contemplating the purchase of the rear boot slide out drawer for my Cali Ocean and looking at the ones from Campervanbits and Calicap.

2)Has anyone had experience of purchasing anything from Calicap since Brexit as I am also looking at their wardrobe shelves too.

Thanks in advance.
1. My pull out drawer from Campervan bits will be delivered in a few minutes! I'll let you know once I fit it over the weekend.

2. Just received my shelves from Calitop, rather than Calicap, took about 3 weeks to arrive. Import taxes and handling were £52. Shelves were €192 (£172).

Last edited:
Reactions: ddl
Hi All,

Thanks in advance.
Hi @ddl We bought the full width one from Calicap (710mm deep version for Oceans with the ‘Lounge’ bed). Extremely happy with it and would say it’s one of our best purchases. Just makes access to things in the boot space so much easier. For reference the drawer can still be fully extended with our Thule towbar bike rack in place (Thule Velospace XT3).
We bought the drawer before Brexit so can’t advise on the post-Brexit side of things.

1. My pull out drawer from Campervan bits will be delivered in a few minutes! I'll let you know once I fit it over the weekend.
2. Just received my shelves from Calitop, rather than Calicap, took about 3 weeks to arrive. Import taxes and handling were £52. Shelves were €192 (£172).

Thank you subthree- I look forward to hearing how you get on. As regards the overseas order, did you have to get involved with the import taxes or was it all handled for you?

Thank you subthree- I look forward to hearing how you get on. As regards the overseas order, did you have to get involved with the import taxes or was it all handled for you?
Import tax; Shipped from Germany via DHL, once in the UK it passed to Parcel force. Letter in the post, pay tax online, delivered the next working day. Easy transaction.

Reactions: ddl
Hi @ddl We bought the full width one from Calicap (710mm deep version for Oceans with the ‘Lounge’ bed). Extremely happy with it and would say it’s one of our best purchases. Just makes access to things in the boot space so much easier. For reference the drawer can still be fully extended with our Thule towbar bike rack in place (Thule Velospace XT3).
We bought the drawer before Brexit so can’t advise on the post-Brexit side of things.
Hi @GrumpyGranddad ,
Thank you for the feedback, we too have a towbar bike rack, the Pro-User Diamant SG2+ and that was going to be another question , does it still open with it on so that is good to hear.
I do like the look of the Calicap one and know it is more expensive than Campervan one before we even consider the import tax but it does look really good quality. Just worried how more it is going to be with taxes.

Import tax; Shipped from Germany via DHL, once in the UK it passed to Parcel force. Letter in the post, pay tax online, delivered the next working day. Easy transaction.
Thank you :) Do you happen to have any pics that would show it better than their website?

This is an easy decision.
Buy the UK version or build your own to suit.

Just bought the UK one. Agree about the above picture being much better - might have bought it before if I could have seen it properly !

Thank you for all your replies everyone.

Gutted though now as just been advised by Campervanbits that the drawer will not work with our towball mounted bike carrier which is a Pro-User Diamante SG2Plus

Hubby happy on the other hand though as it has saved him money!

Thank you for all your replies everyone.

Gutted though now as just been advised by Campervanbits that the drawer will not work with our towball mounted bike carrier which is a Pro-User Diamante SG2Plus

Hubby happy on the other hand though as it has saved him money!
Does your tailgate open with that bike rack?

Does your tailgate open with that bike rack?
Hi, yes it does, the rack breaks back so that I can open the tailgate even with the bikes still mounted on it. The only ones that would allow me to open the tailgate were the Pro-User SG2Plus one and the Atera Genio Pro but the latter one has not been available for over 12months due to supply issues so we had to go with the Pro User one.

Hi, yes it does, the rack breaks back so that I can open the tailgate even with the bikes still mounted on it. The only ones that would allow me to open the tailgate were the Pro-User SG2Plus one and the Atera Genio Pro but the latter one has not been available for over 12months due to supply issues so we had to go with the Pro User one.
Genio pros are being sold again. My long standing order for one has just been fulfilled by Roofbox co, though I see they’re out of stock again.
https://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/r...ikes_no_022780/Qx@w,6M42VAwp3@Rb{~cC4ure_QXhD

Genio pros are being sold again. My long standing order for one has just been fulfilled by Roofbox co, though I see they’re out of stock again.
https://www.roofbox.co.uk/scripts/rbvehsel4_tab.php/car-specific-accessories/atera_genio_pro_folding_bike_carrier_2_bikes_no_022780/Qx@w,6M42VAwp3@Rb{~cC4ure_QXhD
Hi @66tim99 , our order was in with them too since about Feb last year but the delivery time kept getting put back and back and we were missing out too many times not being able to take bikes with us we gave up and found the Diamant which we are really pleased with (and was cheaper too) - Just gutted now I can't have the rear slide out as well though.

Just for info’ the Thule Velospace XT3 allows our tailgate to open and our pull out drawer to fully extend.

Have you considered this one? Heckauszug / slide out boot tray Gruenthal-Mobilecamping

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk
Hi,

Ik ben voor onze VW California aan het kijken naar zo’n uitschuifbare lade en zag in het forum je post. Nu vroeg ik me af wat de hoogte is tussen de bodem van de lade en het metalen rekje waar het matras op ligt? Ben aan het uitvogelen wat dan de meest ideale indeling is met plastic kratjes…

En ben natuurlijk benieuwd of jullie er blij mee zijn?

Alvast bedankt voor het antwoord!

Back