Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Rear carpets

S

simon.foster

Does anybody have any clues as to where I might get a fitted carpet for the rear compartment that still allows the rear seat to run on the rails?

3rded! I got some for the whole van, good value for money.

Do they do them for the Beach i.e. those with 4 seat rails?

simon.foster said:
Do they do them for the Beach i.e. those with 4 seat rails?

Simon

Was going to ask the same question - maybe we need to find out. I am starting think a carpet in the middle at least would be good. Having spent a morning cleaning I just thought maybe a carpet would be easier lol. I've got a price for the Brandrup one which is quality or at least looks it but obviously that's a lot of dosh.

James

How much was the Brandrup carpet as a matter of interest?

If you give Chris a call he may already have Beach ones, if not he can probably get them made up.

Enquired about mats from QTM for the beach and they are still not available I'm afraid :(

This is a shame, I too would like a set to fit my four rail Beach!

simon.foster said:
How much was the Brandrup carpet as a matter of interest?

Apologies Simon I missed this

Quote from SMG

Boot mat £58.50 + VAT

Middle mat with two rear seats is £134.25 + VAT
Middle mat with three rear seats is £144 + VAT

That's quite expensive but from what I've seen they match all the other carpeting (please correct me if I am wrong)

James

Also watching this thread with interest as I want to get some carpets (middle area & boot) for my Beach (2 seater version).
Reading through some of the carpet threads on here it looks like some companies do the design and get the manufacturing subcontracted to another (possibly abroad) company. Think we stand more chance of getting Beach specific ones by going to a company that designs and manufactures all in house. Other option would be an auto or caravan trimmer but that might be expensive.
I have a further complication as I'm in the process of changing the standard storage pod with a slightly longer kitchen pod so any 'off the shelf' carpets would need a bit cut off anyway.

I am sure if you tell Chris at QTM there is a demand for these they will start making them, all he will need is a template from somebody.

If anyone contacts him, make sure you say you are a member of the forum.

Martin said:
I am sure if you tell Chris at QTM there is a demand for these they will start making them, all he will need is a template from somebody.

If anyone contacts him, make sure you say you are a member of the forum.

Hi,

Unfortunately we don’t yet have the profile for the Beach models on our system.
It is one in our list to get done, along with the California 3 rail version too.
We will hopefully get to add these soon.

Regards,

Chris Norton
www.qtmdirect2u.com
Tel: 07800 660991 – 01246 436949

Sent: 30 April 2013 15:02
To: sales@qtmdirect2u.com
Subject: Cali Beach

Hiya,

Can you do a mat set for the beach ? Saw your mats on http://www.vwcaliforniaclub.com and they look awesome 

Regards

Jim

Hi all

When we first got our beach I bought a really cool rug from Pound Stretcher or In-Store as it's now called (I think) - the rug was £9.99 and dependant on the position of your seats it either fits in fully flat - or if you pull the seats forward it just goes up the front of the seat - if that makes sense? We use some 'rug grip' stuff too, so it never moves position and is safe. The rug is 'black, white and grey' so goes beautifully with the inside of Bertha. I know that it hides the rails etc - but we don't actually use them other than when we pull the seat forward to make the bed up - & as I said earlier it just goes up the front of the seat. We have the cool box - but haven't found a spot for that yet, but from the suggestions from the other post - I think I'll just cut holes in the carpet to fit the cool box on.

It's very easy to clean too - just take it out and vac it. It's also so cheap that once it starts to look tired - we'll just replace it - we have a back up already (which may become the non-cool box
one ;-)), but just haven't felt the need to use it yet. It makes Bertha feel really comfortable too!

If anybody is interested - I'll pop some piccies on and post the size etc from the back up one we have.

thanks

Kim

Sorry it's taken such a long time to come back! I was about to take the piccies when my son put mud all over the carpet - as we were going away, we decided to leave it down! We have now put the lovely clean one in - so I've post some piccies to show it.

This just shows the rug in the position where the seats are driven pulled back. When we pull the seat forward we just allow the rug to 'ride' up in front of the drawers. Then when the seats go back the rug goes back. Under the rug is some 'carpet' grip - grey in colour. Also from Pounds Stretcher.

The rug does stick up a bit in one corner - but it actually looks ok. We get lots of comments about the carpet. People usually take their shows off to get in the bus ;-)

Let me know if you want some more info.

Kim

bertha 1.JPG bertha 2.JPG bertha 3.JPG

Thats about the same as I have done with a matt from lidle. When it gets dirty I can either put it in washing machine or bin it & get a new one, I think it was about £5. Doesn't look as good as yours though kimmhu !

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

I'm sure it is ;-)

It sounds £5 - I just can't bring myself to spends £100's pounds on the carpets specially made - especially with my son! lol

Mine was only £10 and they've got some fab new colours in too. Shame I can't get any details on their web page to share though!

Kim

I shall go & have a look at the weekend, I feel a change in carpet coming on !

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk 2

Back