Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ready to live the dream!

Sue Ashmore

Sue Ashmore

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 199
Hi

im Sue, me and the hubby Mike have just today Purchased a California Coast. It’s been something I have wanted for many years, as a child I spent summers camping and living in vans. Now I must admit I’m slightly intimidated. Wilson our lovely dog will be joining us, so any camping with dog tips are welcome, in fact any tips at all.

thanks all

Welcome Sue and Mike and congratulations!

Congratulations, can we have pictures please when you are ready, we like pictures..........

Hi

im Sue, me and the hubby Mike have just today Purchased a California Coast. It’s been something I have wanted for many years, as a child I spent summers camping and living in vans. Now I must admit I’m slightly intimidated. Wilson our lovely dog will be joining us, so any camping with dog tips are welcome, in fact any tips at all.

thanks all
Yay. Congratulations. We ordered a Coast today too. We have Dolly a black lab camping with us

Reactions: Sad
Congrats on your Coast !! Was it one on order or did you find one somewhere?
We are Coast owner to be in Feb next year, I think we are going to call her Gisela (pronounced Geese Ella) i Googled old German names lol

It was on order, since July, good call, I’m googling Now! Thanks

How do we choose the name? Any tips?
Hmm. Something to do with number plate or colour? Scarlet, Ruby or Cherry? Magenta if youre a Rocky Horror fan. We like weird names . Our old one was Beulah because we liked the name. The newbie is still unconfirmed but top choices are Dr Venkman (its a Ghost(coast)busters joke), Dodo, Margot, or something French as we're both Francophiles.

Lovely van. I’d call that one Toggle.

Hi

thanks all
I’m Mike and my wife’s Sue and our Cali arrives in a couple of weeks or so. Small world eh! :)
We don’t have a dog though.

Hi

thanks all
:welcome Cali’s and dogs go great together ;)

theres a thread called cali dogs somewhere. enjoy

Great colour choice, we have a cherry red T6 Ocean and have personalised it with a few exterior upgrades which really show off the colour. We added the chrome pack and black B pillars. We purchased ours new in Dec 19 and despite the current situation have had a great season. Have fun

View attachment 68688

View attachment 68689
Really like that awning are they water tight ?seen the promotion video just wasn’t sure on the corners how they join looked like big gaps

Really like that awning are they water tight ?seen the promotion video just wasn’t sure on the corners how they join looked like big gaps
No the awning is not completely watertight but we have used it quite a few times in the rain and a few mild stormy nights and not had any issues. You just need to remember to have one leg lower than the other to allow the rain to drain from the roof. We also use an electric heater in ours as you can’t use the diesel heater when the door is open. It’s been a great addition and provides lots more space

Back