Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Radio station logos - T6.1 Ocean with Discover Pro screen & Digital cockpit

WaikatoCalifornia

WaikatoCalifornia

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Hi all, does anyone know how to get radio station icons to display on the T6.1 Ocean with the Discover Pro navigation? In my old T6, this was easy, I’d just upload them to the SD card and I’d be away, but there is no SD card slot in the T6.1. Any assistance appreciated; thank you!

Ours seems to have been fine from the start, no need to upload anything.

I’ve just had a look and in the radio screen settings there is an option to choose the logo from whatever the station has sendt ota. If it has not sent one there are no options nor it seems the ability to add your own.

Last edited:
I never really bothered looking as don't listen to the radio that much, but just checked and whilst most of the national stations were there, quite a few logos were missing.

I always thought they update automatically over the air but just for fun I went to the link above, got the file and followed the instructions, low and behold I've gone from radio DB 1.30.24 to 1.31.42 and a few of the missing ones are now there.

Weirdly as soon as the unit restarted after the update, it told me there was an update (1.31.42) to download.

I never really bothered looking as don't listen to the radio that much, but just checked and whilst most of the national stations were there, quite a few logos were missing.

I always thought they update automatically over the air but just for fun I went to the link above, got the file and followed the instructions, low and behold I've gone from radio DB 1.30.24 to 1.31.42 and a few of the missing ones are now there.

Weirdly as soon as the unit restarted after the update, it told me there was an update (1.31.42) to download.
Thanks
Thank you for that; I’ll give it a go. Much appreciated.

I'm missing a few logos eg classic FM and Heart, applied the update from link above, which updated the database but still missing logos, think the update did add a few. Radio database update went from 1.30.24 to 1.31.42.

Hello and thanks for this suggestion. I followed the instructions, but it looks like the file is for Europe only. I am based in New Zealand; do you know how to do it for here (VW usually do things like maps by region, and NZ is usually with Australia).

Hi all, does anyone know how to get radio station icons to display on the T6.1 Ocean with the Discover Pro navigation? In my old T6, this was easy, I’d just upload them to the SD card and I’d be away, but there is no SD card slot in the T6.1. Any assistance appreciated; thank you!
Isn’t this a software issue for your Discover Plus? I have a Seat Ateca and periodically it downloads updates. Same with all the Skodas I’ve had. Updating maps and station logos can be done via Skoda Portal. Check with a.VW dealer if VW have same for their marque.

Just out of curiosity, I checked the phonostar website again today and found there is a new version of the file for my part number - 1.31.44

Downloaded and installed as before, not sure why it didn't update itself OTA but again, after I manually installed it and the unit restarted, it told me there was the same update....

HELP!
I continually get the message "Update Failed RSDB v1.31.44 Europe has failed System will restart in 5 seconds" displayed after trying to perform the update. I've tried with the engine running and turned off.
If I go into the "Updates" section on my "Discover Pro" I can see the update for the radio "Update RSDB v1.31.44 E..." However, It's showing as "0MB". If I perform the install from here, I get the same "Update Failed" message as when I insert the USB stick and the update is automatically detected.
I've got the update from the phonstar.de website. My part number is "3G5035816B" and my hardware "H56". My software version is "0781" and my current radio database is "1.30.19". The California is a 2020 Ocean. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!

HELP!
I continually get the message "Update Failed RSDB v1.31.44 Europe has failed System will restart in 5 seconds" displayed after trying to perform the update. I've tried with the engine running and turned off.
If I go into the "Updates" section on my "Discover Pro" I can see the update for the radio "Update RSDB v1.31.44 E..." However, It's showing as "0MB". If I perform the install from here, I get the same "Update Failed" message as when I insert the USB stick and the update is automatically detected.
I've got the update from the phonstar.de website. My part number is "3G5035816B" and my hardware "H56". My software version is "0781" and my current radio database is "1.30.19". The California is a 2020 Ocean. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? Thanks!
I don't have the same system, but mine also displayed it as an available update as soon as I had installed it manually. I'm guessing when you look at the version in the menu it's showing the old one and not updated anyway?

Not sure what to suggest, perhaps doing a factory reset of the infotainment system might help, have a Google around to get some details on how.

Thanks for the reply. After searching a lot of VW forums, it seems this is an on going issue between VW and PhonStar....

Back