Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Quick lead time - California Ocean 204 Petrol

B

BenM

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi All,
We have been considering a Cali for some time and eventually bit the bullet this year. We ordered from VW Hatfield and weren't overwhelmed. We had a guide of 10 months lead time and ordered in mid August. We were told that would book us the build slot and we could continue to think about options (even petrol vs diesel) for a number of months.
We decided to add a towbar and heated windscreen so put in an amendment request. Slightly shocked that we couldn't make the changes as it had already been built and was on the boat! Potentially picking up last week in Sept which would be a 7-week start to finish. Exciting to get it so soon, not sure how much use it will get in October rather than June! Looking forward to getting kitted out!

wow.... that is quick, I ordered mine on the 1st September. I've been told to expect by year end, but on your timing, i'll need to handover the cash in 4 weeks ;-)... I assume they just had one ready in your spec ! I hope I'm the same.

Welcome on board !

Hi All,
We have been considering a Cali for some time and eventually bit the bullet this year. We ordered from VW Hatfield and weren't overwhelmed. We had a guide of 10 months lead time and ordered in mid August. We were told that would book us the build slot and we could continue to think about options (even petrol vs diesel) for a number of months.
We decided to add a towbar and heated windscreen so put in an amendment request. Slightly shocked that we couldn't make the changes as it had already been built and was on the boat! Potentially picking up last week in Sept which would be a 7-week start to finish. Exciting to get it so soon, not sure how much use it will get in October rather than June! Looking forward to getting kitted out!
:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome
Unfortunately it is more expensive to retrofit a VW tow bar. The Dealer should offer a rebate for fitting one as you were misled by them.

wow.... that is quick, I ordered mine on the 1st September. I've been told to expect by year end, but on your timing, i'll need to handover the cash in 4 weeks ;-)... I assume they just had one ready in your spec ! I hope I'm the same.
I thought that we had made a few choices that were less popular but maybe wrong! Funding it now compared to June is a challenge!
Ben

:welcome:welcome:welcome:welcome
Unfortunately it is more expensive to retrofit a VW tow bar. The Dealer should offer a rebate for fitting one as you were misled by them.
Thank you. I will ask. It was more to get a bike rack that doesn't block the rear view.
As I have seen others say, life's too short so rather 7 months early than late!
Thanks
Ben

We've had exactly the same. Ordered on 29th of July and picked it up from the Dealer this Saturday just gone, 30th of September. We are slightly shell shocked to have an Ocean sat on our drive......in a good way!

We've had exactly the same. Ordered on 29th of July and picked it up from the Dealer this Saturday just gone, 30th of September. We are slightly shell shocked to have an Ocean sat on our drive......in a good way!
Grrrr! Ordered on the 17 July and still waiting for it to be delivered to the dealer although it is in the country!

Still should not complain. It would have killed me to wait the 9 to 12 months I was originally quoted. Lots of happy new Cali owners which is great to see.