Projector Setup Finally In Our Cali

• Thread starter Carl_______________
  • Start date
Carl_______________

Carl_______________

VIP Member
Vehicle
N/A
After three trips out in our (new to us) cali and also watching the review on California Time YouTube channel, we decided to purchase a Anker Nebula Projector so we could catch up with a few box sets on Netflix.

Purchasing the projector was easy, but working how and what to project it onto was the difficulty. I have seen various methods on the internet so thought I would have a go at designing and 3D Printing a solution that worked for us. This is the first revision I have tried and it work perfectly. I am already working on a version 2

the screen was off amazon £25 I think

IMG_20220405_183051.jpgIMG_20220405_183058.jpg

Very neat solution, looks far nicer than my sheet hanging from what ever I can tie it to!

Thats pretty cool. Could be cheeky and get you to print them as well lol for a cost?

We currently use the sliding door blind to project on, but have a large screen that is waiting to be used. Maybe you should market your new invention.

After three trips out in our (new to us) cali and also watching the review on California Time YouTube channel, we decided to purchase a Anker Nebula Projector so we could catch up with a few box sets on Netflix.

Purchasing the projector was easy, but working how and what to project it onto was the difficulty. I have seen various methods on the internet so thought I would have a go at designing and 3D Printing a solution that worked for us. This is the first revision I have tried and it work perfectly. I am already working on a version 2

View attachment 91419View attachment 91420
Looks like a neat setup, but is it just me who likes to escape things like Netflix when out and about?

Looks like a neat setup, but is it just me who likes to escape things like Netflix when out and about?
To be honest, you are completely correct, the intension is to use the van all year round and I found there are only so many games of cards you can play in the cold dark evenings

The odd thing is, I rarely watch Netflix when I am at home, I am too busy designing stuff and 3d printing it

If anyone would like a print them for themselves,. I will happily share the model with you

this is the screen I purchased

Projector Screen From Amazon
Great solution!
I have a nebula off the back of California Time too but just project onto the side door blind.
My mate has a 3D printer - would you mind sharing your model with me?

Really good solution! I'm also interested in the model, could you please post it? Thanks!

yes always open to ideas, I am not bad at drawing in 3D so can make most things if they can be printed

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the model. If I can find someone or someplace with a 3D-printer, I will give this and the screen a go.

Can I ask how you mounted the Nebula. I love these projectors and use one at home on a tripod instead of a TV

Camping in the winter when it gets dark at 4.30pm. That is when the tv comes into its own

View attachment 91419View attachment 91420
That looks really good, brilliant solution I would buy one of those as we’ve struggled with a good solution to the projector dilemma

That looks really good, brilliant solution I would buy one of those as we’ve struggled with a good solution to the projector dilemma
Send me a Pm, I am going to print some this weekend, I have only tested them with a T6 and the projector I have posted the link to

Basically you remove the plastic stops on the screen and replace them with the brackets

The way they are shape it does not touch the roof liner, so no danger of touching the fabric

That’s a fantastic idea. I haven’t owned any projectors.
What type of projector do you use and where do you place it when watching ?

That’s a fantastic idea. I haven’t owned any projectors.
What type of projector do you use and where do you place it when watching ?
I have the anker nebula, I place it on the sink / hob, they projector has keystone so the picture can be adjusted to suit your position

Back