Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Programmable feature with Carista?

Annual subscription after free trial is a sting in the tail

Annual subscription after free trial is a sting in the tail
For £12 I’ll use it for a month (free initial trial period) to tweak a few things, check soot levels (DPF) and then just use it as a fault code tool.
Unless I need it to make changes again then I’ll pay the £9.99 for another month, which still equates to less than the original £24.99

but yes I agree the ongoing subscription is a prohibitive factor in ongoing use

For £12 I’ll use it for a month (free initial trial period) to tweak a few things, check soot levels (DPF) and then just use it as a fault code tool.
Unless I need it to make changes again then I’ll pay the £9.99 for another month, which still equates to less than the original £24.99

but yes I agree the ongoing subscription is a prohibitive factor in ongoing use
I pay the £30ish annual subscription. It has more than just seeing error codes.

Anyone tell me when/how the one month free period is triggered? My 12.99 bargain has arrived and I want play with it but don’t want to start the one month freebie yet.

Anyone tell me when/how the one month free period is triggered? My 12.99 bargain has arrived and I want play with it but don’t want to start the one month freebie yet.
from the time you register the carista dongle on the carista app. It is not from the time of purchase.

I have a carista and used their 1 month free app. I found that the Car-scanner app better, cheaper and can do lots more. You are not limited to them as there are many different apps you can use.

Just had a play with my new toy! Carista with T6.1…
Having watched California Time on YouTube it looks like the format of the Carista input screen has changed, so process for making changes seems to have changed also. Seems more straightforward than previous.

I have been able to set door mirrors to fold when vehicle is locked with the “short click” on remote rather than having to hold the button.
Also able to lock doors once vehicle moves and unlock when in “Park”.
Also set MFD to show large mph.

Has anyone successfuly permanently disabled start/stop system via Carista or any other way?

Has anyone successfuly permanently disabled start/stop system via Carista or any other way?
I’ve seen hardware mods that result in the override switch defaulting to ”off” but don’t think it is possible otherwise. Guess it would compromise VW’s emissions obligations/specifications.

No ability to do via software.

Just had a play with my new toy! Carista with T6.1…
Having watched California Time on YouTube it looks like the format of the Carista input screen has changed, so process for making changes seems to have changed also. Seems more straightforward than previous.

I have been able to set door mirrors to fold when vehicle is locked with the “short click” on remote rather than having to hold the button.
Also able to lock doors once vehicle moves and unlock when in “Park”.
Also set MFD to show large mph.
Does anyone know if you can programme the wing mirrors to fold on single button press with the T6?

I managed it on my VW Golf R via obdeleven app and obdii port dongle
as per dv52 instructions posted here

it tricks car into thinking battery voltage too low to activate stop/start function.
had it disabled like this for 2 years now and no side effects issues

Does anyone know if you can programme the wing mirrors to fold on single button press with the T6?@l
Does anyone know if you can programme the wing mirrors to fold on single button press with the T6?
@Loz did this tutorial on the T6 forum https://www.t6forum.com/thre

@Loz did this tutorial on the T6 forum https://www.t6forum.com/threads/how-to-program-folding-mirrors-pictogram.1780/
I think if your vehicle is MY17 it can't be done.

Was thinking of buying the Carissa dongle but from what I’ve read so far, most switchable options that it offers seem to be available on the system settings so I wonder if it would add any value once the free months subscription trial is over. But it’s on offer at £17.50 now so it’s hard to resist. Would I be wrong to resist it? With a 5 year factory warranty, any fault codes I could leave to the dealer to sort.

Was thinking of buying the Carissa dongle but from what I’ve read so far, most switchable options that it offers seem to be available on the system settings so I wonder if it would add any value once the free months subscription trial is over. But it’s on offer at £17.50 now so it’s hard to resist. Would I be wrong to resist it? With a 5 year factory warranty, any fault codes I could leave to the dealer to sort.
Depends on what you want to do with it. While there is an overlap with system settings there are many options you cannot do in the system and would need a device like this. We bought one (at £25) and used to remove the binging noise when the drivers door was open and you were raising or lowering the roof and also to have our wing mirrors close on a single click rather than a long click. There are other setitngs to play with as well and more released regularly. That is all we wanted though so took our free month and now the unit is sat in the cupboard where I expect I will never need it again.

Depends on what you want to do with it. While there is an overlap with system settings there are many options you cannot do in the system and would need a device like this. We bought one (at £25) and used to remove the binging noise when the drivers door was open and you were raising or lowering the roof and also to have our wing mirrors close on a single click rather than a long click. There are other setitngs to play with as well and more released regularly. That is all we wanted though so took our free month and now the unit is sat in the cupboard where I expect I will never need it again.
To be honest, that’s probably all I’d use it for too. To stop the binging noise when raising or lowering the roof I open the sliding door as that doesn’t seem to bing with ignition on. But we have the electric sliding door so it’s easy to open it from the button on the dash. If I didn’t have that then I’d open the drivers door until the bing drove me mad ! The long press on the keyfob to fold the mirrors does feel like it would soon wear the buttons or keyfob battery out quick. Think I’m tempted now !

Brian’s Dad said:

Post 344 says no you can't and post 347 says yes you can!

Has anyone actually tried it with a Carista, it's one of only 3 things I want to do to my 2017 Ocean (locking doors while driving off and changing to MPG while keeping everything else in km are the other two)

Brian’s Dad said:

Post 344 says no you can't and post 347 says yes you can!

Has anyone actually tried it with a Carista, it's one of only 3 things I want to do to my 2017 Ocean (locking doors while driving off and changing to MPG while keeping everything else in km are the other two)
I think there might be confusion/wires crossed when talking about T6 and T6.1s!
Also the whether using VCDS or Carista, @Loz tutorial showing how to do it is using VCDS.

Back