Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Profile not loading......AAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

Loz2286

Loz2286

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
2021MY T6.1 California Ocean 3000 miles.

I think I've got the dreaded software issue with the Media Pro system. On start up I get the error message that the vehicle is unable to connect to VW Assistance (yellow phone icon), I then get the main infotainment screen displaying "loading user profile" continuously. It does not clear and turning on/off does not sort the issue.

Any "home DIY" remedies to this problem or does it need to go back to the VW MainBrain?

2021MY T6.1 California Ocean 3000 miles.

I think I've got the dreaded software issue with the Media Pro system. On start up I get the error message that the vehicle is unable to connect to VW Assistance (yellow phone icon), I then get the main infotainment screen displaying "loading user profile" continuously. It does not clear and turning on/off does not sort the issue.

Any "home DIY" remedies to this problem or does it need to go back to the VW MainBrain?
Had the same today heading back from Bath. Pulled in for fuel, 5 mins later back onto the motorway and the same "loading user profile" for the next hours, all the way home. Multiple resets of the head unit don't do anything. I noticed that the sos button light in the overhead panel isn't lit either. It happens regularly for us and each time seems to resolve itself after ignition has been off for a while. Never experienced any issues like this with previous vehicles and we find it so annoying as basically nothing works... No music, no sat Nav etc.

I had this problem but the software support team were very good and provided detailed advice on how to fix. Throw involved taking two keys to the vans and using the app. But done once and it was sorted.
Maybe worth contacting them.

Now booked in for a "software update" on Friday. Originally they said they couldn't fit me in until 4th May until I reminded them how much I've spent with them in the last five years.

I had the Profile not loading and SOS button not working issue. Dealer replaced the SOS control unit and did a software update. Fingers crossed so far it seems to be ok now

Tootling along unfamiliar B roads at the weekend and the screen just went blank for about 3 mins, no response from the power button. Then rebooted itself. First time that’s happened

If you get stuck again with a hanging startup try this fix from the guys on the T6 forum

Hold down the SOS button until it starts to make a call (aprox 60 seconds) then cancel it before it connects (system gives you an option todo that). Restart the van and everything should be back to normal

Its worked for me a couple of times now

If you get stuck again with a hanging startup try this fix from the guys on the T6 forum

Hold down the SOS button until it starts to make a call (aprox 60 seconds) then cancel it before it connects (system gives you an option todo that). Restart the van and everything should be back to normal

Yup, exactly this..did it ast night. Worked a treat

Visited the dealer this morning and had the "software update". So far so good.

I also had the profile not loading issue after a lunch stop, losing the route onwards! The usual turn it off and on didn't work. Eventually I deleted vwconnect on my phone and my profile in the van, now seems OK, I login as a guest.

I also had the profile not loading issue after a lunch stop, losing the route onwards! The usual turn it off and on didn't work. Eventually I deleted vwconnect on my phone and my profile in the van, now seems OK, I login as a guest.
Can you still use the we connect app to track the location of the vehicle when you are not with it?

No I have stopped using vwconnect. It wasn't very reliable, telling me doors were unlocked when they weren't and the vehicle location didn't work on our T6.1 2021, apparently a common issue. It also would complain about my not using the app despite using it the day before, then deactivated the van features in the app the next day. Nice concept but not well implemented for me.

Very useful info - thanks!

Visited the dealer this morning and had the "software update". So far so good.
Loz, can I ask did they actually do a software update or was it just a case of clearing error codes and a hard reset? That’s what I think they did to mine. A few months on, the SOS fault has gone and no more crashes, fingers crossed.

Loz, can I ask did they actually do a software update or was it just a case of clearing error codes and a hard reset? That’s what I think they did to mine. A few months on, the SOS fault has gone and no more crashes, fingers crossed.
They told me they did a full software update. No reason to think otherwise they had the vehicle all day.

They told me they did a full software update. No reason to think otherwise they had the vehicle all day.
Actually yes now I come to think of it, it was the first time they did the hard reset and the second time they had it all day and that was when it was fixed. They left a usb dongle in the socket in the dash so I assumed that must be how they load the new software.

Can I just ask as I have lost all media pro options and have the failing to log in, how do you get a chance to cancel the sos call if I try that? My sos button is also not lit and telling me to visit a dealer.

Can I just ask as I have lost all media pro options and have the failing to log in, how do you get a chance to cancel the sos call if I try that? My sos button is also not lit and telling me to visit a dealer.
Hi, it doesn't matter if its lit or not just hold down the SOS button until it says its making a call and it asks you if you want to cancel. From memory I think you just press the SOS button again to cancel or say "cancel" can't remember which but someone else on here will.

Hi, it doesn't matter if its lit or not just hold down the SOS button until it says its making a call and it asks you if you want to cancel. From memory I think you just press the SOS button again to cancel or say "cancel" can't remember which but someone else on here will.
Thanks, will try.

Had exactly this problem yesterday. No amount of off/on, resets etc. would fix it. No radio, no satnav. Bit the bullet and held down the emergency call button for about a minute. Call to emergency services initiated. ‘Press button to cancel’. Pressed button, but could not cancel!!! Eventually, “which service do you require”….. How embarrassing - ‘sorry - this was a mistake, please cancel…’

The good news is that it did fix the user profile loading error, although it still takes at least a minute to load now.

But, for the benefit of me, should I need to do this again, or anyone else brave enough to try it, how do you cancel an emergency call? Hold down the button for an extended period? Press it several times using the Morse code for SOS???

Any help much appreciated.

Had exactly this problem yesterday. No amount of off/on, resets etc. would fix it. No radio, no satnav. Bit the bullet and held down the emergency call button for about a minute. Call to emergency services initiated. ‘Press button to cancel’. Pressed button, but could not cancel!!! Eventually, “which service do you require”….. How embarrassing - ‘sorry - this was a mistake, please cancel…’

The good news is that it did fix the user profile loading error, although it still takes at least a minute to load now.

But, for the benefit of me, should I need to do this again, or anyone else brave enough to try it, how do you cancel an emergency call? Hold down the button for an extended period? Press it several times using the Morse code for SOS???

Any help much appreciated.
I have not tried the SOS button reset, but mine when not loading was cured (long term who knows) by disconnecting the battery for 15 mins and re connecting. Once all the alarm notifications had been reset, I then managed to load a software update and having been in a dealer since for bits and pieces they found nothing more.

How much did it cost. Ive been told by VW that i can book it in, £136 and it should take about 3 hours to do. At an hourly rate of £200 to £300
Warranty job. Can't think why they need to charge for 3 hours. With mine they plugged it in overnight.

Back