Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Privacy Glass

B

BikerBoy

VIP Member
Am looking at getting privacy film fitted.

I understand the norm is 35% for the passenger/rear section, but it seems relatively easy to see in. Has anyone gone darker? Are there any downsides?

In terms of front windows, does anyone go for something to cut out some light and avoid sunburn on the forearms? I think there is a legal limit of 20%?

:thanks

I would be surprised if you could legally tint front side windows any more. Also not sure I would want to anyway.
As for sunburn whilst driving, I think you will have to do a lot of mileage in the UK for this to happen. Not heard of it happening to anyone, even european truck drivers unless window is down.

The rear windows are a good compromise, still being light enough to not be dingy & dark inside.

Glass absorbs around 97% of UVA and UVB so I wouldn't worry about your forearms.

I went for 7% (limo dark) on back window and 35% fr the sides. It was recommended to me and seems spot on. The visibility out is still very good and not claustrophobic in the back, but its still hard to see in.

Have done nothing at the front, but have gained benefit of rear glass darkening. There is less reflected light/glare in the front.

I don't buy the 97% of UV light is cut out by plain glass. I have had burn on forearm and side of face from long journeys before. I certainly wouldn'trisk my kids skin on it.

I saw a brick red California on the Outer Hebrides in May with no privavcy glass.
Nice family but the vehicle looked wierd with the plain glass.
It's the only Cali I've ever seen without it.

barry said:
Nice family but the vehicle looked wierd with the plain glass.

So glad I got mine done.

Maybe they need the extra light up there!

Back