Meoncoast

Meoncoast

an Ocean by the Sea
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150

CMHC price going e-mail today.,

We look forward to welcoming you shortly on our UK Club campsites.

Ahead of your arrival, we wanted to give you advance notice that we’ll be making a small increase to our UK Club campsite prices for stays between 5 April 2022 and 3 January 2023 inclusive.

The unfortunate and sad events which have engulfed the world in recent weeks have meant worldwide electricity costs have increased exponentially. In fact the Club's electricity costs are forecast to increase by an unprecedented amount of around 50% this year.

The fairest way for the Club to manage the rising cost of energy required to run our UK Club campsites is for all members to pay a little bit extra when staying with us this year. This small price increase will support the Club in the face of the rising cost of energy and also help ensure that we can continue to reinvest in improving the UK Club campsite network.

What this means for you
The increase will be between 70p and £2.50 per night depending on the season and the campsite you are planning to stay on. These calculations are based on a standard touring pitch and two adults.
From 5 April 2022 you’ll be able to see the exact new price you’ll pay by logging into ‘My profile’ and clicking on the ‘My UK Sites Bookings’ section.

There’s no need for you to do anything, on arrival at the campsite you will be charged the appropriate amount.

CMHC price going e-mail today.,

We look forward to welcoming you shortly on our UK Club campsites.

Ahead of your arrival, we wanted to give you advance notice that we’ll be making a small increase to our UK Club campsite prices for stays between 5 April 2022 and 3 January 2023 inclusive.

The unfortunate and sad events which have engulfed the world in recent weeks have meant worldwide electricity costs have increased exponentially. In fact the Club's electricity costs are forecast to increase by an unprecedented amount of around 50% this year.

The fairest way for the Club to manage the rising cost of energy required to run our UK Club campsites is for all members to pay a little bit extra when staying with us this year. This small price increase will support the Club in the face of the rising cost of energy and also help ensure that we can continue to reinvest in improving the UK Club campsite network.

What this means for you
The increase will be between 70p and £2.50 per night depending on the season and the campsite you are planning to stay on. These calculations are based on a standard touring pitch and two adults.
From 5 April 2022 you’ll be able to see the exact new price you’ll pay by logging into ‘My profile’ and clicking on the ‘My UK Sites Bookings’ section.

There’s no need for you to do anything, on arrival at the campsite you will be charged the appropriate amount.
To be expected. ALL campsites will be doing the same. Some more than others.

Won't stop us camping will it? - just might choose more carefully. Inevitable I guess.

If our electricity Bill's are going sky high campsites will have the same problem. I like hook up especially when it is cooler, my little heater works really well and it sill cheaper than using the diesel heater.
I'm looking forward to our Wales break followed by the Lakes and Scotland all on cmc or ccc sites. I'd rather spend my money on these holidays (including diesel) instead of new 'things' or takeaways.

If our electricity Bill's are going sky high campsites will have the same problem. I like hook up especially when it is cooler, my little heater works really well and it sill cheaper than using the diesel heater.
I'm looking forward to our Wales break followed by the Lakes and Scotland all on cmc or ccc sites. I'd rather spend my money on these holidays (including diesel) instead of new 'things' or takeaways.
a site owner told me it was hot water that was a major cost at those peak times, wonder how many recover the heat from the shower water used, must be a lot of scope for saving energy on a large site scale. https://recoupwwhrs.co.uk/case-studies/ like this.

Probably be better with solar thermal panels if the roof of the toilet block isn't shaded. But think of the capital coming up when we have to all go EV and need to charge the Buzz up ready for the next day's trip! That is major infrastructure cost to the camping sites

I paid £40.40 for 1 night on the CMHC site in Castleton, Derbyshire last week, this was a pitch without awning and the pitch was full of fag ends. I thought I was going to be in for an expensive year but I have just booked a fully serviced pitch on the jurassic coast with a private beach for £20 a night so we may have to shop around for the best prices. CMHC sites are reliable in terms of expectation (fag ends aside) but looking overpriced at the moment.

I paid £40.40 for 1 night on the CMHC site in Castleton, Derbyshire last week, this was a pitch without awning and the pitch was full of fag ends. I thought I was going to be in for an expensive year but I have just booked a fully serviced pitch on the jurassic coast with a private beach for £20 a night so we may have to shop around for the best prices. CMHC sites are reliable in terms of expectation (fag ends aside) but looking overpriced at the moment.
That’s pretty good for a serviced pitch. For short stays I tend to favour sites with no ehu as availability is better, they are cheap as chips, more rustic and most importantly you rarely see big whites or caravans. Need to take plunge on solar so I can accommodate longer stays but I’m struggling to find a solar solution I like at the mo.

That’s pretty good for a serviced pitch. For short stays I tend to favour sites with no ehu as availability is better, they are cheap as chips, more rustic and most importantly you rarely see big whites or caravans. Need to take plunge on solar so I can accommodate longer stays but I’m struggling to find a solar solution I like at the mo.
Yes I understand, I find myself in a similar position. I like the idea of Solar but am not sure what to go for or if the expenditure will justify the payback, also considering power banks.

Yes I understand, I find myself in a similar position. I like the idea of Solar but am not sure what to go for or if the expenditure will justify the payback, also considering power banks.
I saw some flexible ‘stick on panels’ which looked great, as they were Uber low profile, and they were the latest tech so very high performing compared to the typical panel of today (need to track down the magazine I saw them in - think it was a Dutch or Swedish company). If you stick them on vinyl wrap they would be easily replaced. However, the Cali doesn’t have a flat roof so need to investigate if they will stick the same.

Hot water, and the cost of heating shower blocks must concern site owners. I just hope that UK sites don’t go down the Irish route of tokens for showers.

Just buy a copy of Wim Hoff’s book and man yourself up with some cold showers!
Yes this has been a revelation for me. But you can’t lather up and rinse off your soap in a cold shower. Sometimes I have a hot shower and switch it cold. Even more effective I find to have a hot shower with soap in the evening, and then a cold one in the morning…

The cost of camping sites increased as soon as lock down was lifted, we recently stayed on sites in Somerset and Oxfordshire and payed £20 to park in a field with no facilities. (Fortunately Pub landlords are not increasing the price of beer to make up for their lost profits.)
No doubt recent energy costs will chase prices up even further and the New forest sites with hook ups now seem to charge £10 for ehu.
While planning a trip to Spain I notice that sites there and in France are considerably cheaper but then their governments are not protecting the energy companies by passing the entire increased energy costs on to the public!
I’ve used Brit stops a few times recently at least it feels like you are getting something for your money in rip off England.

The cost of camping sites increased as soon as lock down was lifted, we recently stayed on sites in Somerset and Oxfordshire and payed £20 to park in a field with no facilities. (Fortunately Pub landlords are not increasing the price of beer to make up for their lost profits.)
No doubt recent energy costs will chase prices up even further and the New forest sites with hook ups now seem to charge £10 for ehu.
While planning a trip to Spain I notice that sites there and in France are considerably cheaper but then their governments are not protecting the energy companies by passing the entire increased energy costs on to the public!
I’ve used Brit stops a few times recently at least it feels like you are getting something for your money in rip off England.
Neither is the Government protecting commercial companies in the UK from the energy price increases.
It's all supply and demand. The UK is a small country with a higher population density than many of our European neighbours and a higher number used to travel abroad but have now elected to stay at home. One could say you are lucky you can afford to and want to travel abroad.

Which site is that? I spend most of our time between Church Farm and Woodyhtde with my train made son, but a beach would be nice in the summer

Recently back from NC500, some campsite owners are thinking of installing pay as you use meters at pitches
I’m surprised more haven’t done that already

Recently back from NC500, some campsite owners are thinking of installing pay as you use meters at pitches
It would almost certainly be cheaper for the campsite to charge a bit extra for electricity than the cost of fitting PAYU meters. Most people don’t use anything like what they are actually charged for electricity, certainly those in campervans and tents.

That is the best way, we always choose to plug in although we use
feck all electric, but its there if you need it.
I think we once got charged about 83 cents € for one night on a metered site.

Its a fair system and it is the right way to go.