Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Prescriptions Abroad

Who are the non-working people who will typically spend >90 days out of their home country? I can think of:
  • Au pairs who are regarded as family members not workers, paid pocket money below the National Insurance threshold, not wages.
  • People touring - like we did for 375 days.
  • Pensioners, living in southern Europe in the winter months and the UK during the summer months.
I can see that it would be of mutual benefit for the UK and Schengen to come to a bilateral agreement for visa free extended non-working stays >90 days. If not, where will the MPs and rich Tory donors import their cheap childcare from?

I imagine people living in Gibraltar will be completely screwed.

A lot of people live in their vans on the continent. They will also be screwed.

I backpacked around the world a few (many) years ago, and all the planning revolved around visas. Most countries issue short stay visas and take overstaying very seriously. Overstays can result in prison in some countries.
It will become like that travelling in Europe. You will need to get out of Schengen and out of each non Schengen country before your visa for that place expires, or risk being fined and excluded. I imagine Morocco will become more popular as a place to time out.

all those "little" countries set up agreements with the EU through the years, to regulate movement and trades. The problem with the UK is that all of a sudden it doesn't have any agreement with the EU and the EU with the UK. Hard B.
Given what has been achieved in terms of agreements since June 2016, (nothing), not really sure what it will be agreed by the end of 2020.

It seems that we are likely to have to pay 7 Euros per adult over 18 to visit the Schengen area from 1 January 2021.

===Quote===

Will British citizens be required to have the ETIAS authorization?
Since the UK is going through the Brexit procedures, it is still unclear of what the conditions for Britons wishing to enter the EU will be. However, the British are very likely to fall under the ETIAS program.

As the negotiations for the UK leaving the EU proceed, the situation will be clarified and British citizens will understand whether they have to get the ETIAS or not.

===/Quote===

Perfect let's go back in time. :sad
Let's reverse everything. This entire (0(k up because the EU didn't want to put enforceable borders to protect EU from people coming illegally from outside the EU without a permit, now the result is that there will be a lot more borders within the European states including the 4 small ones above and the big UK.

Back