Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pop up drive away tent

A

ahjury

VIP Member
Looking for a pop up tent to be able to store things while away and sit in during the evening. Ideally a tent with an opening opposite each other so I can park next to it and step into the tent, but can't be bothered with the faffing about of a connecting tunnel. Love the coleman pop ups but a bit small and doesn't have an opening each end. The Qeedo pop up looks great also but has the same issue. Don't really want an air tent - too bulky/heavy. Any other thoughts welcome.

I was after the same sort of thing @ahjury and after many hours of research I went for a cinch hub. It hasn't arrived yet (but neither has the Cali - hopefully both soon!) but I've seen good reviews and it ticks my boxes.

I found this article helpful:

We have now got a Kampa VW Trip Air.
IMG_0971.jpegIMG_0975.jpegIMG_1004.jpeg

There is a gallery over on the T6F

The clinch is great, goes up in a jiffy and packs down just as quick. Fits on the back shelf.

Thanks. I had a look at the website. It calls it an inner tent. Is this something that is designed to go inside a shelter or larger tent ? I didn't really get it.

They have updated the old version of the cinch so it has a optional inner tent if you need it, but you don’t need the inner tent as it has a removable ground sheet.

The tent you see in the picture is the outer tent. Here are some videos of the tent below. Also it is a remake of the old decathlon base seconds tent which is no longer being made, a very popular tent so that why someone made the cinch to fill the space where there was still demand for the tent. if you search the forum you will find lots of pics of the base seconds and cinch, I have added some links on the forum for you that shows the cinch and base seconds in action. Hope that helps, from what you said you wanted, I would think this would work for you

Here is a thread on the site, the delivery issues talked about are ok now got ours next day

Decathlon base seconds thread (the clinch is the same size and shape just has more doors)

You might find this thread useful it has some images of the base seconds/cinch, people use it in different ways but works very well with the awning as the top just tucks in under the awning so you don’t get wet combing from the van to the tent, can be positioned in front of the awning of off to the side