Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Pop-up canvas seal,

D

DanDeeVanetta

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Between the roof and canvas both top front corners is pulling out, how or where can I get them re-glued/sealed?
IMG_5033.jpeg

This is a common problem in very hot weather. You can push the beading back in yourself with a stepladder, a trim tool and some confidence.

Helps to have someone inside pulling the roof down a little if you’re in a beach/coast, otherwise lower it a little to create some slack in the canvas.

This is a common problem in very hot weather. You can push the beading back in yourself with a stepladder, a trim tool and some confidence.

Helps to have someone inside pulling the roof down a little if you’re in a beach/coast, otherwise lower it a little to create some slack in the canvas.
Hi there. Same happened on mine. VW told me there was a bulletin about this issue and it was put back in with some sealant to hold the corners in place. When visiting the showroom in Liverpool last week the Cali ocean display model had the same issue so doesn’t seem to be getting rectified even on a new vehicle.

It happened on ours early summer, before the roasting weather. I don’t know if it contributed, but we had a bungee around the canvas from new. I was thinking of taking it to VW, but saw posts from folks who’d corrected it, so gave it a go with a bike tyre lever and a little dilute washing liquid. Since then, we’ve had no issues.

Another potential cause is elevating the roof without opening a door.