Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Planning for the future

paradise city

paradise city

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
HI everyone.
If everything goes to plan I should be in the position to put a deposit down on a new Cali in August 2015 (sounds like a long time away!!).
Do you think VW will still be producing the T5 California at that stage or if they do introduce a new generation of Transporter does anyone know if they have plans on producing a new version camper?

Cheers

I think the T6 will be with us by then or certainly on the horizon . Can't believe VW will drop the Cali though, but you never know. Also there maybe a lag between the new model Van launch and the California being available. There will be certainly more news closer to the time you are buying, so keep an eye on the forum as we are all interested in the next generation and any info will be on here as soon as it comes out no doubt.

Hi,
The T6 will arrive in 2015 but according to a well established German motoring magazine will use a lot of technology from the T5 and a completely new transporter will see the light of day in 2020.
As the post above says the California will likely be released a few months after the transporter as they have the multivan/caravelle/ Kombi etc to make first as these are bigger volume sellers.
Maybe some more specials like the generation/edition to fill the order books for 2015?

Mollen said:
Hi,
The T6 will arrive in 2015 but according to a well established German motoring magazine will use a lot of technology from the T5 and a completely new transporter will see the light of day in 2020.
As the post above says the California will likely be released a few months after the transporter as they have the multivan/caravelle/ Kombi etc to make first as these are bigger volume sellers.
Maybe some more specials like the generation/edition to fill the order books for 2015?

Think you're right about the Generation model - they did those at the end of the T4's

James

There is a special edition California due out in Q2 of next year, we hope to have some more information on this in a few weeks :thumb

Interesting re a special edition...we are on the verge of ordering, delivery quoted March 14; would you expect a special edition to be available on orders from spring 14 onwards? Will have to decide whether to wait...

OK, just seen the SE Generation thread where this has already been much debated...don't think we will be missing much as we really wanted a 180...and it seems to be basically stickers, and not a particular bargain, or special.

Larkrise said:
OK, just seen the SE Generation thread where this has already been much debated...don't think we will be missing much as we really wanted a 180...and it seems to be basically stickers, and not a particular bargain, or special.

I don't think they are running with this special edition now, the one coming out next year will have quite a few nice touches by the sounds of it.

Ah, thanks Martin. So could you point to an information source for this? Chris

There is no public information on this yet, but the description is 'A very Limited sporty edition of the VW California for Q1/Q2 of 2014'

Possibly edition 25 style black roof, different interior colour ( cupboards etc .. ) more to follow !

ah bite the bullet and get yourself a T4!!
club, california highway, exclusive….blow all this deferred gratification
you may even get more than you paid for it…bonus

chuggertwo said:
ah bite the bullet and get yourself a T4!!
club, california highway, exclusive….blow all this deferred gratification
you may even get more than you paid for it…bonus
:D the best statement yet.
Ron.

Was there ever any more news on this mysterious 'special edition'? I'm quite intrigued....

VW has a history of producing special editions ahead of model changes. I used to own a 1996 mark iii golf vr6 highline, this was produced just before he mark iv Golf came out.

To this day I wish I hadn't sold it.

or maybe VW will delegate new version Calis back to Westfalia ;) They are getting quite cosy again...
cue sfx spanner in the works

Back