Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Places to Overnight?

• Thread starter Robbie Ocean VW
  • Start date
R

Robbie Ocean VW

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi, Newbie here. Just picked up my California on Friday!! So far love it but have not yet overnighted. Someone mentioned to me that there are websites you can search for places, not necessarily campsites. Just landowners who allow you to stay on their places for an agreed fee. Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks.

Park4Night is a good source for free park ups, but best to do some research yourself, as some are little more than lay-bys and areas of waste ground with no facilities . Check the location on Google Maps Satellite View.

You can join Britstops which costs about £30 a year and they send you a book (and you get access to a website) which list places to stay such as Farm shops, pub car parks and others where you don’t necessarily need to pay to stay for the night, but they hope you will give them some custom.

Many pubs will allow you to park in their car park overnight in return for you having a meal or some drinks in the pub.

Hi, Newbie here. Just picked up my California on Friday!! So far love it but have not yet overnighted. Someone mentioned to me that there are websites you can search for places, not necessarily campsites. Just landowners who allow you to stay on their places for an agreed fee. Anyone know anything about this?

Thanks.
Depends where you’re headed. Your location has Belgium and Ireland. When I looked last year, the UK based apps / websites don’t have many options for Ireland (not sure about Belgium). There’s an Irish website / podcast called The Camping Crew, and they discuss options for camping spots.

Park4Night is a good source for free park ups, but best to do some research yourself, as some are little more than lay-bys and areas of waste ground with no facilities . Check the location on Google Maps Satellite View.

You can join Britstops which costs about £30 a year and they send you a book (and you get access to a website) which list places to stay such as Farm shops, pub car parks and others where you don’t necessarily need to pay to stay for the night, but they hope you will give them some custom.

Many pubs will allow you to park in their car park overnight in return for you having a meal or some drinks in the pub.
That's great advice! I think it's a great idea to research and explore your options, as sometimes the best spots can be hiding in plain sight. I'd also recommend checking out local campers forums - you can often find some hidden gems that way!

OS app for walking/hiking is great for finding gem spots that don’t appear on any of them parkup sites (don’t add anything if you do find a gem as there’s enough on them other sites).

OS app for walking/hiking is great for finding gem spots that don’t appear on any of them parkup sites (don’t add anything if you do find a gem as there’s enough on them other sites).
That's a fantastic tip! Exploring lesser-known spots can often lead to hidden gems and a more unique experience.

That's great advice! I think it's a great idea to research and explore your options, japanese chef knives as sometimes the best spots can be hiding in plain sight. https://swcpoker.club/ I'd also recommend checking out local campers forums - you can often find some hidden gems that way!
Absolutely! Local camper forums can be a goldmine for discovering hidden gems and getting insights from fellow travelers who have explored the area.

Back