Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

picutre of Beach downstairs bed

W

Waldo

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Can anyone post a picture of a 3 seat bench converted into a bed?
I think I'm doing sth wrong, don't get the necessary length
Thanks in advance

Bit tricky with the middle row of seats still in but here it is:

3 seat bed.jpg

thanks, just what I was looking for, so the bench comes higher than the 2nd row seats

I don't have the extra seats but I thought the rear part of the multiplex in the three seater dropped so that that with the extra seats, the bench could be pushed back to create a fairly flat 'long bed'. The manual certainly gives that impression, is that not the case then?

James

Yes you're right - the multiplex board is articulated but at the front where it meets the bench seat.

From memory it's hinged down normally so you can get more space in the cabin with the extra row of seats but hinges up to form the end of the bed.

It's a very tight fit with the middle row of seats in.

Quite a hassle - especially if you've got lots of luggage in the van too.

After the other post on this topic I tried this recently. Config with one additional seat (click it to get proper resolution).

[album]1012[/album]

Rear seat folds tight against the folded flex board ... right up to the silver bit.

[album]1013[/album]

Hope that helps. My family are off to France shortly and we concluded that although an additional seat would be useful, once staying with friends, the compromises on the way down were not worth it. As a setup it is a bit hokey. Issues include you can't use the topper on the remaining bit of the flex board and the additional seat keeps the main bench marginally up at the edge. Even with a decent topper it did not even out the levels enough to be comfortable. Plus as previously stated we had no idea where the coolbox and other luggage would go!

I am sure if you needed to you could find a way to improve.

Steve.

Ah - different to how I've been doing it.

I've had the flex-board up, the middle seats facing the rear and can just about manage it but it's very tight.

I had a quick look in the manual and I'm not sure if you're supposed to be able to fold out the bed with the middle seats in at all - it seemed to suggest you should take them out. Not very useful!

If you have the flex board flap down you'll have large gaps as the seat belt assembly stops the top of the seat butting flush to the board. The flap on the multiflex has cutouts for the seat belt assembly. I think that's why I've assumed the multiflex board should be up.

It's not really very quick/easy with the middle seats in and with no floor space it's even less useful. I wasn't intending to use it like that again until we're travelling without kids and can leave the extra seats at home.

For now the van's primary use is people mover so the seats are staying in!

I don't have my handbook here, but I seem to remember, that there were 3 suggested bed configurations for downstairs, one of which included the middle seats.

I have certainly used it wioth the middle seats in, with no problems, but agree, that in general, for a longer camping trip, you are better off without them (though due to the weight, I do try to avoid excessive removal/insertions of the chairs)

Help I'm being inept!

Cant seem to get the bed flush with the multiflex front hinge up. I've a middle seat and have reversed it and pushed fully forward. The multiflex is push as far to the tailgate as possible. Has anyone managed to get the 3 seater bed with multiplex up and middle seat? I assume I'm doing something wrong. Here are some pics to show you what I mean.

image.jpg image.jpg

put the cushion on the multiflex, won't get much better than that I'm afraid

Sorry being thick-where exactly is middle seat stopper? Could you describe....?

Back