Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Picnic table catch

Calicliff

Calicliff

Vehicle
T5 SE 140
The catch holding the picnic table in the side door has jammed. Does anyone know how this comes apart? An exploded diagram would be great.

Hi cliff sorry to hear of your dilemma I have had no experience of this but I think John
One of our moderators has. I am sure he can help you if not maybe Alex a smg Volkswagen can
Ask his technician

Hi Cliff,

Moderator John had exactly the same problem last year, I am sure he will have the solution for you !

We have this problem intermittently. The instant solution is a knife in the slot and jiggled until you hear a click of the catch unsticking. A pain but not doing any apparent damage either. We have also used a silicon spray. As problem not always there, not sure how much that helped.

2 solutions. Door panel off. Push plastic hinge through door panel (I done this) so you can get fingers inside to operate metal catch directly.

had to replace catch completely - had rusted (due to water ingress from leaky side window) work done under warranty but am sure this will reappear in time with same result but no warranty!!

Door panel has to come off, just 4 screws on the underside to undo. Remaining panel comes off by carefully placing a putty knife in the gap between plastic and metal, lever hefty all sides.
attachment.php

The actual catch is plastic, held by a metal brace. This is too tight and the catch gets stuck now and again.

File the flanks and the upper edges then tighten the 2 screws only lightly. To make shure they wont come off use self-retainig nuts instead of the normal ones.
attachment.php

Panel goes in the other way round, all mounting parts will still be O.K. align carefully and push, starting from the top.

wish you luck
pirat

Back