Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Picking up Ocean tomorrow

Richard Percival

Richard Percival

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi,
Looking forward to picking up our Ocean tomorrow. Sort of a retirement present.
Can't wait to get out on the open road

Hope it fits in the garage. Looking at some threads, the height of a Cali seems variable!

Richard

Hi,

Hope it fits in the garage. Looking at some threads, the height of a Cali seems variable!

Richard
Welcome to the forum. Enjoy the ride home tomorrow.

Hi,

Richard
Welcome.... The height is just under 2 mtrs.

The height, with awning, is actually just above 2m - 2.03 I believe

Hi and welcome to the Cali family. Great times ahead. Enjoy.

Hi Richard, welcome along to a fellow retiree! Measured our Ocean last week (18” wheels, if that makes any difference) and to the top of the awning, at the front, 1.98m clear, 1.97m “interference fit”. Hope you enjoy it !

Thanks for the welcome. Cali now collected, now where to go......

Height seems to be 1.99 at back of awning, less at the front, and on 17" wheels.
Garage is at 2.03 so there could be some nervous manoeuvring.

Thanks for the welcome. Cali now collected, now where to go......

Height seems to be 1.99 at back of awning, less at the front, and on 17" wheels.
Garage is at 2.03 so there could be some nervous manoeuvring.
Great news. Pictures please for us nosy members. (Both in and out of the garage :) )

Thank heavens for the sliding doors
Excuse the perhaps naive question but how is this garage supposed to work with a normal car that doesn’t have sliding doors? A California isn’t any wider than a large family car.

For a 'normal' car, I would try and position the car as far left as possible. Additionally, although you can't see it, there is some carpet affixed to the right hand side wall to help with opening the door.
In general, unless it is a double garage, you are going to struggle a bit regardless of the car. In this case it was the height I was most concerned about.

A tight squeeze that’s for sure. Hope you enjoy your new Cali

After a few tense moments.....

Thank heavens for the sliding doors

View attachment 89300
Well done. Pleanty of space. A lot of owners will be jealous that you have enough clearance to get your van in a garage. I had my van lowered 3cm by the dealer before delivery as part of the deal. 196 cms on 18 inch wheels gives me a lot of confidence in entering car parks and easy in my garage . Enjoy your van after the storm. Are you going to the nec to look at follow on purchases

Hi,

Richard
Welcome Richard. Have fun on the drive home! Enjoy your retirement in style.