Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Period with no vehicle

D

deccauk

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
If you sell the van before buying the next van, should you bother cancelling the insurance whilst without a vehicle? If so would this insurance gap destroy your no claims bonus?

If you sell the van before buying the next van, should you bother cancelling the insurance whilst without a vehicle? If so would this insurance gap destroy your no claims bonus?
NCB usually lasts for a maximum of 2 years, so as long as your gap is less than that you should be fine. I would cancel the insurance no matter what anyway.

• Agree
Reactions: Sad
You should ring the insurers and ask them to put the policy on hold.
Your no claims will stay valid for two years.
It is important to always stop the insurance once you have sold a vehicle because strangely if you have insurance in place & the new buyer does not, if the van is involved in an accident it will be your insurance that pays up for third party liabilities. Totally unfair but thats the way it works.

You normally also get a pro rata refund; better in your pocket than theirs.

What Andy said.

We just sold our second car and are waiting a while to get its replacement (I think we don’t need one, but the gaffer thinks we do...). To cancel the insurance Churchill (I think it was) wanted £50 (on a £150 policy). However if we just suspended it, that was free pending its replacement.