Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

PCP and depreciation

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Patriarchy in action. "I will be allowing her" Big man.
Pathetic response.
If you have a Joint Account then I would expect Joint Decisions on major purchases in which case 1 partner would agree/disagree with the others request and reasoning . Thus allowing or not the purchase .

If such discussion and decision making does not take place then it is not a Joint Account as there is no “Joint” responsibility.

This thread has been hijacked, which, while it has provided amusement for a few users it is remarkably unhelpful to most of us. Could admin sort it?
Depends who is responsible in a household for making large Capital decisions, as PCP is, or is it a Joint Decision?

Have to agree.

Its normally the Wife allowing me and I have to seek permission first. She controls the money and I transfer her 90% of my wages into her account . No questions, swipe here you go and all my dividends. (so circa 50k a year). So I have to ask and seek permission.

The 6 series was not a sensible purchase, but my Wife wanted it. It wasn't good for our dogs, but my Wife wanted it, it wasn't good in town, but my Wife wanted it, it was only used to commute to work, but my Wife wanted it, and we lost £33500 in 3.5yrs. But my Wife wanted it.

I suggested a 1 series convertible, but my Wife wanted the 6. I could have said no, after pointing all the above out, as its a joint decision so it was allowed as it was the car she wanted.

On the opposite front .......

I have been allowed / given permission to buy a new racing HT (about £3.5k).
I was allowed to order a new Defender but not a Discovery as the Wife didn't want the Discovery
We ordered a BMW X545E as a alternative as this will become her car
I have been allowed to order an Citroen Ami

So who wears the trousers?

Oooo so there’s hope for me to order a Citroen Ami. And just to make sure I’m not accused of thread hijack, what are the PCP options on an Ami?

Oooo so there’s hope for me to order a Citroen Ami. And just to make sure I’m not accused of thread hijack, what are the PCP options on an Ami?
No details as of yet.

Wife doesn't allow PCP. Serious. But I will argue that I will hand the car back at the end of the term. To be honest I'm happy to walk /ride / borrow the works car, so depending on final price, we may or may not buy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back