Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Passion france 2028

kwmb

kwmb

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
hi
I was curious if anyone has used passion France 2018 for overnight stops, if so is it any good?
Also I just heard about the acsi card - is that worth it?

Any comments gratefully received!
Thanks
Karen

ACSI Camping Card can save you hundreds if you regularly camp off season.

€11 to €19 for plot, two adults, a dog, minimum 6 Amp hookup and a shower each per day.

Apart from occasional payment for the use of a washing machine, there's nothing else to pay.

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

There is an argument to say all you need is the ACSI Book and Map. If you have a Sat Nav you can also load ACSI POI's so finding the sites is a breeze.

We’ve used France Passion for the last 4years....... no bad experiences and many great ones. Ideal if you like to try local produce ...think oysters right on the shore or steaks in Charolles........ different vibe to aires/ACSI/wild camping and all the better for it...

We’ve used France Passion for the last 4years....... no bad experiences and many great ones. Ideal if you like to try local produce ...think oysters right on the shore or steaks in Charolles........ different vibe to aires/ACSI/wild camping and all the better for it...
Interesting.....might give them a try in October.

Is passion france easy? Do you ring and book in advance, or do you just arrive, I’m curious? Thank you

Has anyone else used France Passion since 2018? Did it work out? Would you recommend it?

We spoke to a couple recently who are big fans, they said it is very laid back and have had some great experiences. They even just turned up at one site where the owners had to leave for the night and there was a note saying pitch up where you like, there is food in the barn...

ACSI has a good Site App.
ACSI Club ID Camping Carnet saves needing to use your Passport on Sites.
Note that site discounts are only given during the off season.
Auto renews if Credit/Debit Card used

We spoke to a couple recently who are big fans, they said it is very laid back and have had some great experiences. They even just turned up at one site where the owners had to leave for the night and there was a note saying pitch up where you like, there is food in the barn...
Thanks @Loz, it appears to be a great idea with about 2k places happy to let you stay in return for buying some of their produce/wine. I've also come across a Portuguese version.

Has anyone else used France Passion since 2018? Did it work out? Would you recommend it?
We used it in 2019, first place we went to wouldn’t let us stop as we hadn’t spent enough in their farm shop, (we reported this to the book publisher) second place was good but we did spend around £150 on champagne

ASCI card didn’t realise it only covered out of peak camping as my wife is was a school teacher it didn’t work out value for money.

Last edited:
We have used ACSI since we bought our van. Obviously missed out on 2 years now because of Covid but it’s only about €18 so no big deal. We mainly travel in the off season anyway so it suits us perfectly. The App is terrific on our iPads and gives all the coordinates. We rarely look at the books they send as it’s easier with the download. ACSI is worth having just for the app for campsites.

We tried it a few years ago but gave up on it. Good idea but found a lot of the sites didn't participate any more or they were in the wrong locations for us. Massive fans of the Aires, better investment in the Aires books imo.

Just signed up for FP. Plan to use it during my jaunt into Northern France when I collect my Cali