Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Passenger side window drain. Leaking inside van.

K

Ken Barlowned

Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I know that the drain issue has been covered in various threads before but mine is slightly different & I’m looking for some clarity hopefully..

I noticed today that the small runner hole on sliding window is draining to the inside of the van. Feeling about with a pice of wire it seems that the bottom part that directs the water to the outside is flapping about underneath and needs to be clipped back upwards I guess. Is there a way to do this? Currently this is not causing Major problems as my sliding window seals are clean and good.

But! With winter approaching should I try to do something to fix the under side of that drain hole? I have been pouring water over the windows and the runner stays dry so should I just leave it be, or get it sorted before it all goes wrong?

Thanks

I know that the drain issue has been covered in various threads before but mine is slightly different & I’m looking for some clarity hopefully..

I noticed today that the small runner hole on sliding window is draining to the inside of the van. Feeling about with a pice of wire it seems that the bottom part that directs the water to the outside is flapping about underneath and needs to be clipped back upwards I guess. Is there a way to do this? Currently this is not causing Major problems as my sliding window seals are clean and good.

But! With winter approaching should I try to do something to fix the under side of that drain hole? I have been pouring water over the windows and the runner stays dry so should I just leave it be, or get it sorted before it all goes wrong?

Thanks
I’m not aware of any fix for the actual drains apart from replacing the window or preventing water getting in in the first place.

Thanks
Like your one, my one only leaks into the van if you have the window open and it rains, but if it's closed no leaks. I found this with a wet cupboard floor when I had the window a tiny bit open in the rain for ventilation. I tried to fix with glue and an endoscope camera and various sticks and pipes, with no luck it seems that it would need fully sealing all the way round to solve, which seems impossible without removing the window or the cupboard. (I tried for around 5 hours). In the end I made plastic cover for over the window for that situation so no water heads into the drains in the first place and decided to live with the leak on the drain hole.
I would say if the windows seal when closed and it isn't causing you trouble just live with it as it looks very expensive to fix either way.

Thanks
Luckily mine was sorted under warranty following a farcical discussion with the VW who initially wanted to take the kitchen out to look for the leak (it was obvious and a known flaw). I think the only fix is to have the window out and either attempt to seal the drain or have a new window.
I would speak to someone like Autoglass to see if they reckon removal and refitting is feasible.

A competent converter may well be able to help. Autohaus converted our van and when we had it new one of the window drains were blocked. Under warranty they removed the window and fixed it. It took them half a day. No problems since.

A competent converter may well be able to help. Autohaus converted our van and when we had it new one of the window drains were blocked. Under warranty they removed the window and fixed it. It took them half a day. No problems since.

Thanks. We had a huge downpour last night and it's leaking a bit so I'll need to do something.

Does anyone know if the runner be purchased as a separate part or do I need to purchase a whole new window?

Back