Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Particular Snagging points to look out for on an Ocean 6.1

Tloeg

Tloeg

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Hi all, we are collecting our Ocean 6.1 - 4 motion next weekend ... this will be our first VW California
is there any advice and any particular snagging points to look out for?

There is a good check list , somewhere on this site , I used it when I collected mine , that would be a good start to use that , best wishes

Hi all, we are collecting our Ocean 6.1 - 4 motion next weekend ... this will be our first VW California
is there any advice and any particular snagging points to look out for?
Check in the Resources Section.

There is a good check list , somewhere on this site , I used it when I collected mine , that would be a good start to use that , best wishes
Thanks I will search the site ... have a good weekend

Hi folks, I've downloaded a recent checklist (many thanks GrumpyGrandad!) and read through a few older threads but just wanted to ask what the most common approach is to checking the EHU/Gas/Water systems. I'm assuming these are mostly done at home after the vehicle has been collected. I'm happy to do this but with the increasing use of brokers like DTD the trips to collect are time consuming and expensive and discovering an issue which could/should have been dealt with by the dealer would be a real pain!

Hi folks, I've downloaded a recent checklist (many thanks GrumpyGrandad!) and read through a few older threads but just wanted to ask what the most common approach is to checking the EHU/Gas/Water systems. I'm assuming these are mostly done at home after the vehicle has been collected. I'm happy to do this but with the increasing use of brokers like DTD the trips to collect are time consuming and expensive and discovering an issue which could/should have been dealt with by the dealer would be a real pain!
I agree it’s best to discover any issues at the dealership when you collect but you can go to any van centre for fault resolution under your warranty. Happened to me with the infamous rear bench seat issue. Collected mine from Eurovans in Crawley but had the repair done by Citygate, Wooburn Green.

If you are expecting the Dealership to carry out a PDI check on the Camping facilities, then please be assured they don’t. There is No PDI on the gas, water systems, the Leisure electrics or the roof, nor rear bench movement. They only check the vehicle mechanicals.

I agree it’s best to discover any issues at the dealership when you collect but you can go to any van centre for fault resolution under your warranty. Happened to me with the infamous rear bench seat issue. Collected mine from Eurovans in Crawley but had the repair done by Citygate, Wooburn Green.

Thanks for that (and the checklist). I'm picking up from Eurovans myself - a long trip from Derbyshire.

If you are expecting the Dealership to carry out a PDI check on the Camping facilities, then please be assured they don’t. There is No PDI on the gas, water systems, the Leisure electrics or the roof, nor rear bench movement. They only check the vehicle mechanicals.

Thanks WelshGas. I thought as much but I'm still surprised and a little disappointed at the general level of 'we'll leave it with you' when picking up a 50-60k product...

Mine came with a gas regulator but not a gas valve (the thing that screws onto the bottle and to which is screwed the regulator). Not picked up by the dealer, though he said they subsequently had more new vans missing the valve. Oh and they are still trying to pursue VW about the missing insect screens for the sliding windows. At time of order they said they'd be included, but the 6.1 sliding windows are a new design and apparently VW have yet to produce screens that fit.

Mine came with a gas regulator but not a gas valve (the thing that screws onto the bottle and to which is screwed the regulator). Not picked up by the dealer, though he said they subsequently had more new vans missing the valve. Oh and they are still trying to pursue VW about the missing insect screens for the sliding windows. At time of order they said they'd be included, but the 6.1 sliding windows are a new design and apparently VW have yet to produce screens that fit.
They’re not an option on the 6.1, at least not yet. Supposed to be coming soon.....

Anyone got a definitive list as to what you don't get on a T6.1 that you would have on earlier models?

By my reckoning its:
Front cab curtain (now built in blinds)
Rear cup holders
Sliding Window flyscreens
towel rail.

What about the bin for the door pocket?

Can anyone think of anything else?

Also if the dealer has specified the tyre inflation kit in lieu of a spare wheel, do you still get the toolkit attached to the back of the bench seat on an ocean?

Last edited:
Anyone got a definitive list as to what you don't get on a T6.1 that you would have on earlier models?

By my reckoning its:
Rear cup holders
towel rail.

I thought the flyscreen was available by 2020 year end?

Is the recent checklist from GG on the forum anywhere please?

Me too please - Thank you

By my reckoning its:
Rear cup holders
towel rail.

Also if the dealer has specified the tyre inflation kit in lieu of a spare wheel, do you still get the toolkit attached to the back of the bench seat on an ocean?
I can confirm you do get the Bin in the door pocket and the tool kit is in the back of the bench seat, they are both in my 6.1 Coast.

I can confirm you do get the Bin in the door pocket and the tool kit is in the back of the bench seat, they are both in my 6.1 Coast.
No bin in the door pocket of my Ocean (MY21).

This why we need an update - if we don't know what a van is supposed to come with, what chance has a dealer got?

I had to go and check (the inside of my Cali is wet now lol), this is it isn't it?
IMG_1054.jpg
If you are missing it, I will swap you mine for your electric roof.

• Haha
Reactions: Sad