Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Parking heater and auxiliary heater question

Scapa

Scapa

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
Hi folks, we have been looking at T5 conversions and recently the Cali trying to decide which to go for. Looks like once we add all the extras on the conversions we are at the same price as a Cali. Options can be a bit confusing hence my post to see if you can help us. As far as I can tell a Parking heater with timer and remote is standard but auxiliary heater is option at whopping £1400 extra. What's the difference and should. I have both? Dealer suggests just ignore auxiliary heater as parking heater all I need. yet when. I look at internet info on webasto for example they describe Parking heater as doing much the same as aux heater (pre heating engine and interior!) also companies offer fitting webasto upgrade to T5 to turn its own aux heater (on all modern Diesel engines) into a engine pre heat at only £300 plus labour, so what's £1400 for as an option on the Cali? Can you help? Advice much appreciated.

Hi - the dealer is right, the heater with remote is standard on a California SE and you don't need the other one

Ian

Thanks Ian for your info. Does the parking heater with remote only give you internal living space heating but without the engine pre heat? I think our confusion is that the brochure offers the aux heater as an option for the Cali se implying it does something much more £1400 worth).

Back