Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Paint color black VW OEM awning

Kemper-van

Kemper-van

Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
Hi Folks,
The top of our awning got a scrape and paint damage (probably some height barrier was just a few mm too low). Just where the pop-top window is, so rather visible. Luckily only the awning was damaged and proves the awning is just a a tiny bit higher than the roof.

Now my question: what is the paint color that matches the original black awning casing such that I can mask this spot?

Thanks in advance!

Hi Folks,
The top of our awning got a scrape and paint damage (probably some height barrier was just a few mm too low). Just where the pop-top window is, so rather visible. Luckily only the awning was damaged and proves the awning is just a a tiny bit higher than the roof.

Now my question: what is the paint color that matches the original black awning casing such that I can mask this spot?

Thanks in advance!
Thule should be able to advise the RAL colour.

personally I would either wrap it or put a sticker over the scrape, an isolated spray job will probably show up badly

Thule list it as Anthracite black

Last edited:
Thule should be able to advise the RAL colour.

personally I would either wrap it or put a sticker over the scrape, an isolated spray job will probably show up badly

Thule list it as Anthracite black
Ok, thanks!
The spot is on the top of the casing, so a sticker would look strange, I think. I’ll check if I can find a touch up pen with the right colour to see if this would help mask the spot.
Wrapping is probably the last resort due to cost.