Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Packing solution for Beach

Silver5urfer

Silver5urfer

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 Beach
Ok, I know there are lots of similar threads but this solution works for us...3 weeks in France before having to cut it short to avoid quarantine-quick unpack/repack.
We are a family of 4 and a dog-We have the brilliant but very bulky Vanessa Mattress, Vanessa storage bags and are taking a Khyam Motorhome Sleeper, Gas Barbecue, food to be self contained and of course beer and wine......

First in-Barbecue,gas bottle 64 litre "Really Useful Storage box " containing all footwear-Vanessa storage bags packed with clothing either side and kids fold away beds for use in Awning-Awning on top of Vanessa Mattress
View attachment 64608

Next In is Two 84 Litre "Really Useful Storage boxes"...Bedding can be fitted behind these between 64 Litre and Multiflex (Note barrel of beer in Right hand storage box !)
View attachment 64609
Next , Folding table placed on Top of 84 litre boxes to form solid base for a further 64 Litre "Really Useful storage box" and Fridge which can be plugged into 12 V.
Two Oztent Chairs now between Mattress and the fridge !

View attachment 64610
Unpacking on site is very quick and the boxes can be stacked inside the awning-Hope this helps
What do you think of the Vanessa mattress, and how easy is it to fold up and unfold with the window bags?

Jeeves

Jeeves

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
What do you think of the Vanessa mattress, and how easy is it to fold up and unfold with the window bags?
Absolutely love the Vanessa mattress, its really comfortable -as for folding up with the bags, its no problem-on our pic the bags are absolutely rammed full and the mattress just slots in

vananarama

vananarama

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
44cm x 55cm

Options are:
2 x 18cm + 2 x 30cm, or
1 x 18 + 1 x 30 + 2 x 24cm, or
4 x 24cm

We went for option 2.

Some clips will need removing from under the multiflex for the drawers to fit. One clip is designed to hold the handles of shoppings bags so they don’t spill their contents, the other clip is designed to support the back part of the multiflex in the upright position.

So that’s what that clip is for!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steviep2000

steviep2000

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
44cm x 55cm

Options are:
2 x 18cm + 2 x 30cm, or
1 x 18 + 1 x 30 + 2 x 24cm, or
4 x 24cm

We went for option 2.

Some clips will need removing from under the multiflex for the drawers to fit. One clip is designed to hold the handles of shoppings bags so they don’t spill their contents, the other clip is designed to support the back part of the multiflex in the upright position.
Hello! Just a quick question about the Muji boxes you bought. I can’t seem to find them anywhere. Did you buy them in the UK? They only show details of them but no way of actually buying them online.

Amarillo

Amarillo

Tom
Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hello! Just a quick question about the Muji boxes you bought. I can’t seem to find them anywhere. Did you buy them in the UK? They only show details of them but no way of actually buying them online.

I went to their shop in Guildford to buy them. At that time (2017) delivery charges were prohibitive.

VW California Club