Outdoor boot mat

AlisonF

AlisonF

Super Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
I've done several searches on the forum with different terms but not found anything relevant.
I'm thinking of buying a heavy duty mat for outside the sliding door to be somewhere to change shoes / clean or dry dogs paws and generally help stop grass and mud being walked into the van. I like the look of the attached...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00OTKLN8A/?tag=eliteelect-21
Has anyone got anything they can recommend?

I got a "magic Rug" , sorry I can't remember the correct name. It holds the mud and is machine washable. It is rubber backed so good for outdoors. Got it in Dunelm for about £20. When it gets to tatty I will just chuck it and buy a new one.

Rich, thanks. I have similar for my kitchen floor near the back door where the dogs troop in and out. Found them really handy so have bought some for inside the van. I was thinking of something sturdier for outside. May not be necessary, but keen to see what others do. If not, it'll be a few more of the Gardman style mats.

I've done several searches on the forum with different terms but not found anything relevant.
I'm thinking of buying a heavy duty mat for outside the sliding door to be somewhere to change shoes / clean or dry dogs paws and generally help stop grass and mud being walked into the van. I like the look of the attached...
http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00OTKLN8A/?tag=eliteelect-21
Has anyone got anything they can recommend?
These are cheap and with a VW twist!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262274813661?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2661&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Thanks for the replies. I'm not sure ones that absorb the dirt / mess will work too well outside the van over a long weekend agility comps in Scottish weather. Would they not get completely water logged and make the issue worse...

Thanks for the replies. I'm not sure ones that absorb the dirt / mess will work too well outside the van over a long weekend agility comps in Scottish weather. Would they not get completely water logged and make the issue worse...
I plan to push the mat under the van overnight or when away from the van during the day to help keep it dry (used to do this with a smaller mat with a tent).

Would this be any good ?
Marvel Charcoal Outdoor Runner on Dunelm website.

I'm liking the look of the Marvel Outdoor runner - does anyone have any experience of whether or not it holds the water (as well as the mud) as I don't want to be rolling up a heavy soggy mat to put in the van to transport... ?
I may order one of each (BigDug and Dunelm Marvel) as the one I decide not to use in the van will get usefully used for traipsing in and out the garage with wet dirty dogs...

We use an off cut of coir matting the width of the floor space in our beach that was left over when we had our back porch fitted. Stays in the vehicle all year now, can be shaken or vacuumed easily and as it has a thick rubber backing it doesn't absorb any ground moisture so gives us a good space to remove wellies without getting soggy socks.

upload_2016-2-27_19-45-19.png

Well
For the sake of a couple of quid, try the otwell
It just....works

Back