Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ordering a 4Motion Grand California 680

Is this address correct:
henrywalpole@mailing.one?
Hi @Adeybruce that email is correct although it's a temporary one. It works when I test it but I suspect it's perhaps being blocked in some way as I've not received anything.

If it's not too much trouble if you wouldn't mind retrying with (edited to remove email address now received) it would be really appreciated.

Last edited:
Good to get in touch last week, I hope it was useful. Have you made any progress with your order?
Yes thanks for your help @Adeybruce. I've not placed my order yet. I can't bring myself to order it without seeing one first so my plan is to wait until a UK dealer has one or go to the Caravan Salon in Dusseldorf in August (whichever comes first).

Also I noticed on the German configurator the option for Diesel heating instead of gas has been dropped. This was one of the options I wanted. Although there are still additional cab heating options which presumably use diesel. I need to understand these a bit more before I order.

Any news on your delivery date?

So my German dealer has been in touch, he agrees the Configorator has been a bit messed up but he’s checked my order and it appear that it is as specified.

The big news is that I have a delivery date confirmed - 22 July. I’ll have one of the first off the production line. Hoping that means I’ll get a good ‘um (workers keen and attentive, rather than still learning on the job how to put them together!)

I saw the same. But, look at the terminology used earlier in the Konfigorator regarding ‘Without Side Window Opening in the Cargo Compartment, Rear Left’ and repeated 6 times for 3 windows on each side.
So, I suspect this is talking about the factory van windows, not camper windows.
What weight is a 4 motion grand California can you drive it on a 3500kg licence?

What weight is a 4 motion grand California can you drive it on a 3500kg licence?
The 680 4Motion comes in above 3500, so not a B car licence.
The German VW Configorator has removed the option for a 600 4Motion, if this is only temporary I don’t know if when it returns what weight category it will fall into.

So I’ve bitten the bullet and ordered a Grand California 680 4Motion from Germany. I thought I’d share my experience, in case it helps others going down this route. I know the new van has divided opinion a bit, and it’s funny as I remember when VW launched the non-Westfalia T5 California :)

Clearly I’m hoping the Euro exchange rate sorts itself out a bit, but with a 13% discount from the dealer a fully spec,d van has come out at around £60K plus VAT.

While I have placed the order (but not got a confirmed build date yet), it’s expected to arrive November/December. I’ve got a few more weeks to confirm the specification so Google translate has been going into overdrive.
We ,like many , awaited the Grand Caili,s arrival but we're very disappointed with the layout. We bought an Autosleeper Stanton and although a very different product we are pleased with the added space and comfort. Our daughter has our Cali so it's still in the family.

So I’ve bitten the bullet and ordered a Grand California 680 4Motion from Germany. I thought I’d share my experience, in case it helps others going down this route. I know the new van has divided opinion a bit, and it’s funny as I remember when VW launched the non-Westfalia T5 California :)

Clearly I’m hoping the Euro exchange rate sorts itself out a bit, but with a 13% discount from the dealer a fully spec,d van has come out at around £60K plus VAT.

While I have placed the order (but not got a confirmed build date yet), it’s expected to arrive November/December. I’ve got a few more weeks to confirm the specification so Google translate has been going into overdrive.
Good luck .hope you give us lots of pictures and info.

So a bit of an update on my order of a Grand 680 from Germany. I was given a delivery date of 22 July, today. I was informed last week that while the van was being listed as in progress at the factory, the delivery was being delayed. No new date given.

In other news, I had previously queried with VW the removal of the price list and Configurator from the German VW website. I was informed that they were taken down as the current model year had already sold-out and that from Week 35 it would be possible to order them (in Germany) again.

So, there we go. Hoping to get my van soon!

So a bit of an update on my order of a Grand 680 from Germany. I was given a delivery date of 22 July, today. I was informed last week that while the van was being listed as in progress at the factory, the delivery was being delayed. No new date given.

In other news, I had previously queried with VW the removal of the price list and Configurator from the German VW website. I was informed that they were taken down as the current model year had already sold-out and that from Week 35 it would be possible to order them (in Germany) again.

So, there we go. Hoping to get my van soon!

FYI I’ve ordered a Knaus Boxdrive with initial delivery date of third week in July. Ive now been informed there’s a problem with the Crafter chassis and it is not due to Knaus until the end of September. Would seem VW have some sort of issue....

FYI I’ve ordered a Knaus Boxdrive with initial delivery date of third week in July. Ive now been informed there’s a problem with the Crafter chassis and it is not due to Knaus until the end of September. Would seem VW have some sort of issue....
Thanks for that info - much more than I have been given

Good to see one ordered .the 4 motion with options pushes it in to a 3.88 ton vehicle and will require a truck license .unless your option list is very small .

The Configurator very quickly alerted that I was in the higher weight category, and I’m fine with that. I’m lucky to have C+E Restricted on my licence already, but it is a factor that needs considering.

Hey! Any updates on the GC 680?
I want to go to Germany and buy one myself, would love to get the contact information of you dealer :)

Looks great. Thanks for sharing your order progress. Please do share more photos when you can :)

Managed to get to the dealer to check out my van, collect it next month.
All was as expected, except when selecting the diesel heating option I also managed to chose the coolant heater as well (a pricey mistake) the photos below include a few ‘behind the scenes shots’.

B28C2C1B-611F-4BCC-8E92-C794427B038F.jpeg

D08A0522-104D-49F3-B332-E2DBE615EDAB.jpeg

BCC6E89E-F92C-40EB-BBDB-03607841F1C3.jpeg

43121D59-9B05-4B13-8AC1-77388BE7183F.jpeg

CFA5678C-622A-4B29-B145-CFF3496C7B9D.jpeg

C1EB34D1-6E24-441A-B868-70F9AAE54C43.jpeg

37BBDC2E-A337-4C16-9165-03781905C70F.jpeg

3731D395-2095-41C9-906E-943EB6B2EBEF.jpeg

D71AA986-C21A-4CA0-BAD3-E533A9498670.jpeg

5C1E0C0F-29EB-4849-B5A5-01BC4AFF2D64.jpeg

Two dealers have Grand California for sale here in Ireland in stock look up carzone.ie

Managed to get to the dealer to check out my van, collect it next month.
All was as expected, except when selecting the diesel heating option I also managed to chose the coolant heater as well (a pricey mistake) the photos below include a few ‘behind the scenes shots’.

View attachment 50611

View attachment 50612

View attachment 50613

View attachment 50614

View attachment 50615

View attachment 50616

View attachment 50617

View attachment 50618

View attachment 50619

View attachment 50620
Does that Silver Step impact much on the ground clearance?

Back