Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Order placed

C

CLTB

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hi all

We placed our order for an Ocean a couple of weeks ago. No idea on delivery but the order document has a provisional date of June 2022 so we hope this is not too far wrong.

We are trying to forget about the order until next year but failing miserably.

Loving the forum, looking forward to learning lots in advance of delivery.

Chris, Laura and Ted

Hi all

We placed our order for an Ocean a couple of weeks ago. No idea on delivery but the order document has a provisional date of June 2022 so we hope this is not too far wrong.

We are trying to forget about the order until next year but failing miserably.

Loving the forum, looking forward to learning lots in advance of delivery.

Chris, Laura and Ted
Hi there,

Congratulations on your order! I’m in the same boat. My order for an Ocean was put through yesterday. I’ve just been told to expect Q2 delivery next year. I’m not in any rush to be honest but am going to enjoy some research and trip planning. It’s nice to have something good to look forward to!
All the best
Jim

Welcome aboard! There are quite a few of us in the same boat - we ordered ours in April and have a provional build week of 7 - Feb, so hopefully delivery in time for camping season!

California Ocean 2.0 Diesel T6.1 150BHP 7 Speed DSG

Candy White Paint (we are planning a bottom half wrap)

Wooden Floor

80L Fuel Tank

Removable Tow Bar

17” Woodstock alloys

Comfort Mattress

Removable 5th Seat

Mud Flaps Front and Rear

Chrome Pack

All Season Tyres

Storage Compartment Pack

Power Sliding Door

Driver Assistance Pack

Same here.. Ordered the Ocean a few days back. Now the waiting begins! (hence my new profile picture).

Similar specs as above:

80L Fuel Tank
Removable Tow Bar
Removable 5th Seat
Driver Assistance Pack
4 keys (why not)
Sports Pack (I really wanted the black wheels, but more importantly it was the only way to get the glass upgrade!)

Now I have some time to think about:
Paint protection (wrapping, ceramics? interested in your thoughts)
Making the whole grill black?

california-screenshot.jpg

Same here.. Ordered the Ocean a few days back. Now the waiting begins! (hence my new profile picture).

Similar specs as above:

80L Fuel Tank
Removable Tow Bar
Removable 5th Seat
Driver Assistance Pack
4 keys (why not)
Sports Pack (I really wanted the black wheels, but more importantly it was the only way to get the glass upgrade!)

Now I have some time to think about:
Paint protection (wrapping, ceramics? interested in your thoughts)
Making the whole grill black?

View attachment 82639
Looks great. I’ve been around the houses and back to Azuri for ceramic (and ppf’ing the front end).
If you’re wrapping the lower half, suggest you just need to ceramic the top, though I know you can ceramic the ppf!
Making the whole grille black is a good idea, suits the sports pack. I’d love to hear about options as I have an Ascot grey sports pack Ocean on order

Looks great. I’ve been around the houses and back to Azuri for ceramic (and ppf’ing the front end).
If you’re wrapping the lower half, suggest you just need to ceramic the top, though I know you can ceramic the ppf!
Making the whole grille black is a good idea, suits the sports pack. I’d love to hear about options as I have an Ascot grey sports pack Ocean on order
Haha, I had my order in for ascot grey first and changed it back to candy white! We should meet up in London when the vans arrive!!
I live in N16

Thanks, that is exactly what I need! :)

The good part about the long wait is that I have time to make my license!

Haha, I had my order in for ascot grey first and changed it back to candy white! We should meet up in London when the vans arrive!!
I live in N16
I’m E8
Would be good to meet and talk ceramics and Home Counties camping spots

I live in N16
Just adding my own grey-to-white-to-grey-to-white again saga...

The reason for white now is it's my wife's 1st choice, and my 2nd choice, whereas grey is my 1st choice, and her almost last choice!

Plus we're looking (like the OP) to do a bottom-half wrap, and white gives many more options.

#loyality :)

Still, the grey is the reeeeeally cool "pure grey" which I believe is a limited colour and not available for all models or countries, ah well

Just adding my own grey-to-white-to-grey-to-white again saga...

The reason for white now is it's my wife's 1st choice, and my 2nd choice, whereas grey is my 1st choice, and her almost last choice!

Plus we're looking (like the OP) to do a bottom-half wrap, and white gives many more options.

#loyality :)

Still, the grey is the reeeeeally cool "pure grey" which I believe is a limited colour and not available for all models or countries, ah well
I am glad we have a few months to decide on the wrap.
The colour choices are endless!
we currently favour a smart deal grey

Cool, see if find some nice photos and post them here, I'm tempted to go for a fun half-orange or blue (old camper style), but not sure we can pull it off in modern times! So more subtle white/grey combo is more likely... Or the graphics which I really like too, like mountains etc

Big advantage being is pretty low cost and easily reversible if we don't like it

Embedding the images:

Too much...

1628238537345.png

... this is awesome:

1628238586554.png

and the fun one:

1628238690177.png

Orange... its definately fun! Perhaps a bit darker orange and I'd be more comfortable... although as my wife says, its a California, its supposed to be fun, and say "oi oi!" when you walk up to it

Thanks, that is exactly what I need! :)
1628241906094.png
I can't make up my mind if yet more black plastic would improve it. It'd be more Mad Max, but maybe the chrome breaks it up a bit?