Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

orange warning lights

I too now have the Holy Trinity of three unwanted dash warning lights on my low-mileage early T6: Tyre Pressure / ABS / Traction Control so bought a Carista ODB2 bluetooth dongle for £25 from Amazon. Took the 12-month sub option in the app with first month free (then cancelled immediately so as not to be billed) and also tried Car Scanner app too as recommended by @Ozzy Pete

Other relevant threads here for future readers include:

Other than adding an amusing dial needle sweep, Carista has reported error code 04193 / 4193 which I am assuming will be an ABS sensor like everyone else, though despite Googling I can't find out which one. Nearside rear seems to be most common failure.

Do I have to go to a VW Dealer with VCDS-type diagnostics and play dumb, then buy the relevant left-side / right-side Bosch sensor from buycarparts.co.uk ? If they're now £25 each I'm tempted to buy four and do them all at once - taking off a wheel and using an Allen key is within my skill level.

All suggestions welcomed please.

View attachment 94486

View attachment 94485
When an ABS sensor went on mine Carista told me it was n/s rear. Put new one in and reset - good to go.B57095B7-274D-481A-9E3D-20AE194ADC08.jpeg

That is interesting - much more what I was expecting to see from mine yesterday, thanks for sharing that it's not the same @Azteccamper

Perhaps my issue isn't the same as the more frequent ABS sensor issue that it seems quite a few people have had, even if some of the symptoms are the same (started as intermittent & now constant, same dash lights, no cruise-control etc) Will join the queue at the Dealer ...

That is interesting - much more what I was expecting to see from mine yesterday, thanks for sharing that it's not the same @Azteccamper

Perhaps my issue isn't the same as the more frequent ABS sensor issue that it seems quite a few people have had, even if some of the symptoms are the same (started as intermittent & now constant, same dash lights, no cruise-control etc) Will join the queue at the Dealer ...
Are you with A/ VW assist ?

if so call them out to read the codes, ask the Tech what the issue is, if it can’t be fixed there and then, have it taken to the dealer.
VW assist have a priority at the dealer.

take a screen shot of the codes Via VW assist then Google them.

Back