Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Open door warnings, (and other things).

N

Nigel Whitwood

Guest User
Hi,

The way "open door" warnings work on my T6 Ocean seems illogical and I was wondering if the behavior can be changed using Carista or some other tool. If after starting the engine with either of the front doors open, when I select Drive I get a warning beep and the display instructs me to select Park. This does not occur with either the tailgate or side door and on a couple of occasions I have driven away with the rear open. Put another way, although the display shows which doors are open, audible warning only happens for the front doors. Can this be changed to include all doors?

I have a similar question regarding the indicators. If these are operated when the engine is not running, there is an audible warning. I would also like this to occur when the engine is running, (I have considered adding a sperate buzzer, but it isn't straightforward to fit).

Thanks

Nigel

Hi,

The way "open door" warnings work on my T6 Ocean seems illogical and I was wondering if the behavior can be changed using Carista or some other tool. If after starting the engine with either of the front doors open, when I select Drive I get a warning beep and the display instructs me to select Park. This does not occur with either the tailgate or side door and on a couple of occasions I have driven away with the rear open. Put another way, although the display shows which doors are open, audible warning only happens for the front doors. Can this be changed to include all doors?

I have a similar question regarding the indicators. If these are operated when the engine is not running, there is an audible warning. I would also like this to occur when the engine is running, (I have considered adding a sperate buzzer, but it isn't straightforward to fit).

Thanks

Nigel

Hi there, I'm also running a T6 Ocean and have recently been playing with Carista. I've actually unsuscribed having found only a moderate number of changes which suit me (the ability to add a digital MPH display to the dash primarily) but I can't recall the ability to make any of the changes you describe - someone more proficient may be able to advise

Hi,

Thanks

Nigel
1. This is a legacy system from the basic Transporter. It cannot be altered with Carista.

2. The alarm when setting indicator with engine off is a warning that you have now switched the Parking lights on , white front red rear, on that side.
This is a requirement in some countries. It warns you because extended use can flatten the engine battery.

Back