Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

One Careful Lady Owner

Only last year my father sold the 1990 big bumper Mk2 Golf GTI that I bought in 1993 and he took over in the late 90s. Such a lovely car (when it was in its prime) and I would have loved to get it back up to top condition but not enough time or space.

I bet you were seriously tempted to buy that back!? I’d love to had the chance to buy back my Williams, probably couldn’t afford it now though!

Would have loved to have kept it - every time I drove it over the years was a treat. The increasing challenge is to find cars like that which are unmolested

I few years ago we needed a car quickly having just unloaded our car onto WBAC.com. It had just started to present auto gearbox issues which would have been expensive. Long story short, we arranged to meet dodgy Dave in a carpark near Brands Hatch. He was advertising a Golf Diesel Estate in the small ads. Whilst I checked over the vehicle just about every alarm bell was ringing and I definitely had the feeling that this vehicle was a wrong-un just like its seller. Still the paperwork etc all checked out and it drove well. Very well to be precise. As we needed a cheap car in a hurry our basic criterior was that it was both roadworthy and legal. It fufilled both so we bought it.
It turned out that said vehicle had be owned by a racing establishment near Brands Hatch. They had clearly been tinkering around under the bonnet with one mod being an oversized turbo charger. The result was that this lemon went liked a cat on fire. I said it was a lemon because it had clearly been comprehensively ranted uphill and down dale for most of its previous life and during the short time that we owned it the wretched thing presented just about every problem that a Golf was capable of.
It was a dog!
My son's first car a peugot had been modified but ran very well Nd fast. Unfortunately the engine couldnt cope and blew up on the bypass on his way home from work 30 miles away. He got a bill from the council for spilling oil on the road and I had to drive him to and from work til we hastily bought him another.

The only car I’ve regretted selling. Bought in 95 for £13,995, sold in 97 for £11500 to a man I had to meet at Stansted airport. He had flown down from Manchester.

View attachment 56944
I had one of the original batch, bought in Nov'93. Great car and I really wish I still had it. Weak point for me was the brakes; they faded when worked hard.

On the confuserator ive never been too sure about this colour
but ive seen a few on the streets and i like it.
Think its a bit of a marmite colour though.
View attachment 56887View attachment 56887
With the right wheels and clean its OK... I went for white on my Boxster S as I liked the way it showed the lines along with red calipers etc. Went Agate Grey on my new C4S. Mexico Blue which I believe this one is? Is definitely a marmite colour, personally I don't think it suits this model, looks better on the Macan imho.

Was that a Mk1...
No. Unfortunately not.
I had bought a 1.8 16v new in 93 and when I decided to get a Williams, I couldn’t get hold of a new Mk1 so bought a 2. My girlfriend at the time also had a Williams 2 and then her dad bought her a Williams 3. She was only about 21 at the time!

61B0CA44-8D60-4B0C-B0C6-58A298157D07.jpeg

I had one of the original batch, bought in Nov'93. Great car and I really wish I still had it. Weak point for me was the brakes; they faded when worked hard.
Great car.. I tried to track mine down about 10 years ago but gave up..
My partner’s Up Gti is probably the best car I've bought since for putting a smile on your face.

No. Unfortunately not.
I had bought a 1.8 16v new in 93 and when I decided to get a Williams, I couldn’t get hold of a new Mk1 so bought a 2. My girlfriend at the time also had a Williams 2 and then her dad bought her a Williams 3. She was only about 21 at the time!

View attachment 57109
16v was a lovely car too. My dad had a metallic burgundy one on a 94 M plate. Never got to drive it sadly as I was 17 at the time. First hot hatch was a new Saxo VTS which before they became a bit shall we say chav were great little machines. I had one of the first in the country and bought it from AFG Wimbledon when I worked in the City. Was perfect living and parking in London but great when grazing back to see folks in the Midlands at the weekend!

Great car.. I tried to track mine down about 10 years ago but gave up..
My partner’s Up Gti is probably the best car I've bought since for putting a smile on your face.
I was tempted by a 205 Mi16 I saw come up just before this Corona mess cropped up...

On the confuserator ive never been too sure about this colour
but ive seen a few on the streets and i like it.
Think its a bit of a marmite colour though.
View attachment 56887View attachment 56887

Mira really nice and my new boxster gts4.0 is specced in the colour
It’s nice in the flesh. Below are a few picture from the demonstrators I had whilst they were fixing my other car

16A69D2F-99C0-4694-8B1C-AF5E80ACE5CD.jpeg

263351A7-A207-43B0-B0EB-9901E4AC2ED8.jpeg

CDAC3E97-EDDF-441D-BDD5-E63A5AD4C079.jpeg

0CEA1DB0-8ED8-4F3A-9229-AD595F30E9AD.jpeg

i like it!
At least it’s not Agate Grey! Not that I dislike grey but just about every Boxster I see is grey.
Think you'd change your mind on the Agate Grey on the 992. I felt like you and agree on the Boxster there's a lot of greys and I agonized before I placed my order. Agate on the 992 C4S really shows the lines. I'm certainly very happy with it...

Wasn't that in your garage without an engine last time we looked? Or have I got my threads mixed up?
Owned 3 over a period of time, but finally opted for Ford power (but not in a Ford car)
Correct. Just waiting for new master cylinders to arrive and then going to strip the diff to stop it clonking. Then a new clutch release bearing in the Midget. Never ending with old cars but with the present situation I'm getting things done. One day I might get round to doing the Innocenti.
20200406_123621_HDR.jpg

Correct. Just waiting for new master cylinders to arrive and then going to strip the diff to stop it clonking. Then a new clutch release bearing in the Midget. Never ending with old cars but with the present situation I'm getting things done. One day I might get round to doing the Innocenti.
View attachment 57116
Only if you jettison the B!