Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Oh no...

bxl_lad

bxl_lad

Its not easy being green...
Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Not mine.... (thankfully!), this just popped up on Facebook.
But can only guess (as the roof is up) that it was a handbrake issue??
Would imagine the van will be salvageable, but guess that the water damage to the interior will mean its useless. Shame though...

Is it anyone on here? Looking at what could be a police car on the left, could be Germany??

1655540761345.png

Damn shame…:(

Not mine.... (thankfully!), this just popped up on Facebook.
But can only guess (as the roof is up) that it was a handbrake issue??
Would imagine the van will be salvageable, but guess that the water damage to the interior will mean its useless. Shame though...

Is it anyone on here? Looking at what could be a police car on the left, could be Germany??

View attachment 94739
Seems pretty flat around there for a failed handbrake to allow it to roll through the bushes into the middle. Must have been going at some speed.
As it is fresh water, I presume, then the engine should be OK, so could be dried out overtime with use of an Industrial Humidifier.

Knowing how much we love our van , that has to be heartbreaking!!

More on how it happened (this from the Facebook page):

"Kind of complicated situation it was. So long story short :
They have locked all the doors manually before sleeping, then guy went out for a second and the doors has closed. He wanted to get back to car ask his girlfriend to open the door, she did not understand him, gave keys in to starter and turn, there was gear 1 (no hand break), she was sitting on rear seats and the car started moving to the water.. he helped her to get outside from the car so luckily everyone is alive and safe
"

They have locked all the doors manually before sleeping, then guy went out for a second and the doors has closed. He wanted to get back to car ask his girlfriend to open the door, she did not understand him, gave keys in to starter and turn, there was gear 1 (no hand break), she was sitting on rear seats and the car started moving to the water.. he helped her to get outside from the car so luckily everyone is alive and safe
"
Time to change girl friend methinks.

"

At least no-one was killed or injured, assume just a bit of pollution in the water. Thankfully the deadlocks were not on otherwise could have been alot worse.

Can’t understand how the van moved if she was sat in the rear. If handbrake was off - Manual would need clutch down and some throttle. Auto would need foot on the brake and then shift into drive?…anyway..

Last edited:
I have no idea how it happened and no judgement on anyone as I wasn't there but what a shame, how gutting, how awful for all involved.

I wouldn't like that to happen to mine.
I'd probably be bit upset.

Bit of a misunderstanding when the kids said "Dad, can we go pond-dipping" ....

Back