Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Off Abroad for the first time on our Cali

Stayed in a campanile motel on way to skiing many years ago, can recommmend this hotel chain.

I understand you still need a 'proper' UK sticker in Spain and other countries. The number plate one isn't enough, and to my poor little sensitive eyes is just another bit of permanent clutter.
So I've gone for magnetic ones that I keep stuck to the metal at the front of the cab door, ready for use when I'm at the port. I've got 2 just in case one gets removed/dislodged, not that they ever have yet.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09HCHRQWP/?tag=eliteelect-21
We are currently in North Spain we arrived in Santander on Wed 11th May on the ferry from Portsmouth. I have only used the UK number plate stickers and had no issues or challenges from the customs/police on arrival or since we have been touring through the Pyrenees and Picos.

Stayed in a campanile motel on way to skiing many years ago, can recommmend this hotel chain.
:agreed a good, basic but reliable hotel chain. Stayed at a number in France. When staying close to motorways we check the car park has security on it / locked at night. I think the one near Rouen has this.

On the way up from Spain we usually stay here for the night, leaving about 2h to the tunnel in the morning. As the only driver I'm ready for a biere after 1000km.
Even when full they've squeezed us on somewhere, 10€ for the night to get a shower in the morning.

Back