Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Sorry Now Sold Ocean T6 full width tailgate drawer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim Hook

Tim Hook

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Unhappy with the prices to purchase I decided to make my own drawer.
I used professional welders to make the frame from 5mm aluminium angle and I bent a 3.5mtr length of 2mm ali angle for the surround of the floor tray, which is 12mm marine ply. The slider rails are purchased from Amazon, rated + 85kg.

Internal dimensions of the tray are 94cm wide x 78cm deep. 29.5cm high to the lowest fitting of the parcel shelf/bed frame.
Some photos are attached.

I’m selling this one because I made two of them. The scale of economies, using welders and delivery of aluminium & rails etc. it was cost effective to make two and sell one.

I’m based in South London if anyone to wants to view at any time and I’m looking for £275.
IMG_1269.JPGIMG_1270.JPGIMG_1271.JPGIMG_1272.JPGIMG_1273.JPGIMG_1284.JPGIMG_1285.JPGIMG_1286.JPGIMG_1287.JPG

Hi how do these fix onto the rails. Are. They easily removed. Thanks

The frame is secured to the floor rails using T Bolts as per pictures.
It's perhaps a tad fiddly to get the frame lined up with the bolts but I wouldn't think it beyond the means of anyone who owns a campervan :).
IMG_1293.JPGfullsizeoutput_1b5.jpegfullsizeoutput_1b7.jpegfullsizeoutput_1b6.jpegScreen Shot 2020-07-07 at 10.25.28.jpg

I used professional welders to make the frame from 5mm aluminium angle and I bent a 3.5mtr length of 2mm ali angle for the surround of the floor tray, which is 12mm marine ply. The slider rails are purchased from Amazon, rated + 85kg.

Internal dimensions of the tray are 94cm wide x 78cm deep. 29.5cm high to the lowest fitting of the parcel shelf/bed frame.

I’m selling this one because I made two of them. The scale of economies, using welders and delivery of aluminium & rails etc. it was cost effective to make two and sell one.

I’m based in South London if anyone to wants to view at any time and I’m looking for £275.
View attachment 62352View attachment 62353View attachment 62354View attachment 62355View attachment 62356View attachment 62358View attachment 62359View attachment 62360View attachment 62361
Thats a beautifully constructed piece!
Congratulations!

View attachment 62352View attachment 62353View attachment 62354View attachment 62355View attachment 62356View attachment 62358View attachment 62359View attachment 62360View attachment 62361
Tim
Could I just ask if you have just two fixings into the sliding rail? Both immediately at the back of the seat?

Hi Trevor,
Yes, that's correct, just 2 x T bolts secure it to the floor.
I did have the welders place a strap halfway down the frame, it's visible on photos with the drawer open.
But when it was fixed in the van with the 2 x bolts, I didn't feel another needed putting through that strap.
One could it one wanted, there's just enough room to trim a T bolt and put a thin nut on it.
Tim

Hi Trevor,
Yes, that's correct, just 2 x T bolts secure it to the floor.
I did have the welders place a strap halfway down the frame, it's visible on photos with the drawer open.
But when it was fixed in the van with the 2 x bolts, I didn't feel another needed putting through that strap.
One could it one wanted, there's just enough room to trim a T bolt and put a thin nut on it.
Tim

Tim
Thanks for your prompt and helpful reply!
Trevor

Lovely bit of kit do you have a link to the slider rails that you bought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back