Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ocean/SE Internal sliding table - Reattaching table to rail

S

subthree

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
There are 2 points where the internal sliding table attaches to the rail within the edge of the kitchen cabinet. At the weekend one of the fittings came loose and fell out.

In the photo below the rubber wheel goes below the table and is tight to the edge of the cabinet - it passes through the hole in the black plastic piece sticking out from the rail within the cabinet. However it is so tight that I am worried I will cross thread the silver T-shaped nut that attaches from above, as i cannot get the nut and screw to align properly. I have pushed hard against the end of the table but it doesn't feel right so I cannot imagine this is how it is put together in the factory.

I am wondering whether I need to reconnect the screw, wheel, bracket and T-shaped nut first and then slide them into the cabinet rail i.e. when already attached to the table. Is there another piece of cabinet trim I need to remove to enable this? Rotate the passenger seat and remove the cabinet end trim? Hopefully that makes sense!

As always thank you in advance for all (helpful!) replies. :thumb

1600155992470.png

There are 2 points where the internal sliding table attaches to the rail within the edge of the kitchen cabinet. At the weekend one of the fittings came loose and fell out.

In the photo below the rubber wheel goes below the table and is tight to the edge of the cabinet - it passes through the hole in the black plastic piece sticking out from the rail within the cabinet. However it is so tight that I am worried I will cross thread the silver T-shaped nut that attaches from above, as i cannot get the nut and screw to align properly. I have pushed hard against the end of the table but it doesn't feel right so I cannot imagine this is how it is put together in the factory.

I am wondering whether I need to reconnect the screw, wheel, bracket and T-shaped nut first and then slide them into the cabinet rail i.e. when already attached to the table. Is there another piece of cabinet trim I need to remove to enable this? Rotate the passenger seat and remove the cabinet end trim? Hopefully that makes sense!

View attachment 66264
It needs to be connected with the black brackets in the rail. It is tight but possible.
The silver peg needs to be held with in place with your finger so can't really over tighten.

It needs to be connected with the black brackets in the rail. It is tight but possible.
The silver peg needs to be held with in place with your finger so can't really over tighten.
Thank you for replying, much appreciated. That is what I have been trying, but as you say seems incredibly tight. Another go this evening. :thumb

View attachment 66264
Hi Guys.....disaster has struck....well not quite....but does anyone have any idea where I can get a replacement rubber grommet/washer for to attach the table rail to the slider for a Ocean 6.1, the nut was on the floor but no sign of the grommet :(

Hi Guys.....disaster has struck....well not quite....but does anyone have any idea where I can get a replacement rubber grommet/washer for to attach the table rail to the slider for a Ocean 6.1, the nut was on the floor but no sign of the grommet :(
Your local dealer & get it done as a warranty repair, it shouldn't be falling apart yet.

Move the bench seat forward / back and look in the floor rails, i'm sure its in there somewhere.

Your local dealer & get it done as a warranty repair, it shouldn't be falling apart yet.
Good point Andy...I was trying to avoid the hassle of taking it in etc, it looks simple enough to fix......

Good point Andy...I was trying to avoid the hassle of taking it in etc, it looks simple enough to fix......
Probably safer, dealers do tend to break more bits than they fix.

....but does anyone have any idea where I can get a replacement rubber grommet/washer
I've found this website useful for all manner of little things -

IMG_5068.png
Does anyone know what the small black plastic piece sticking out of the rail is called and or where to get one from. My big *rse caught the table and now that piece is broken.

Excellent. Many thanks it is indeed part number 15.

Back