Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ocean 6.1 roof not “auto correcting”

Is yours under warranty? Have you taken it to VW to ask about a fix?

Yes, its just 6 months old. I’ve tried getting help via the app when stuck in nature and got the leisure battery fix from there (worked). Also went in to our local VW-dealer since the built in WIFI does not automatically work with Macs and not at all works with iPhones.

They could not fix it, also its just slow 3G so we ended up using our phones as WiFi-access points instead

My feeling is that, at least our local dealer, knows a lot about cars byt almost nothing about IT/software (same with my previous Audi).

Regarding the roof; I’m following this thread with interest and I’m happy as long as I know theres a hard-reset-fix as I’m not eager to live on the VW service center and not get stuff solved anyway.

I will askk for the software update next time I’m in though.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Well I didn't realise there were so many people with the same problem as we have. I mentioned it in the other thread re the lights not working. Good to have the ammunition when we eventually get seen by Bristol VW in October but no doubt we will have to suffer for a long while until VW eventually admit there is a problem and have a fix. Otherwise we adore our van.
Off to Dorset today on continuation of our coastal walk and we won't let it spoil our trip!

Well I didn't realise there were so many people with the same problem as we have. I mentioned it in the other thread re the lights not working. Good to have the ammunition when we eventually get seen by Bristol VW in October but no doubt we will have to suffer for a long while until VW eventually admit there is a problem and have a fix. Otherwise we adore our van.
Off to Dorset today on continuation of our coastal walk and we won't let it spoil our trip!

I’m getting the software update from my dealer in two weeks after describing this issue for them

I’m getting the software update from my dealer in two weeks after describing this issue for them

If you could let us know if it helps having the upgrade that would be really helpful. Thanks.

I can use the roof as it is, just annoying with the lights going out, at least with the software fix its easy to put down now & as long as I remember to flick the ignition on & off before going to bed I won't get woken up by the pump doing an adjustment in the middle of the night.

My big concern is that it cant be doing the roof panel any good to be twisting all the time.

Am also happy that they have actually diagnosed something & I'm not being fobbed off with they all do that.
Hi ,out of interest did you ever get your roof issue sorted ?

Hi ,out of interest did you ever get your roof issue sorted ?
Yes thanks, I updated one of the other threads, 3 visits, its software update, 2nd new hydraulic rams, 3rd new pump. Now as far as I can tell zero sag of any description but only tested by leaving it up on the drive for a day.

I have not got mine sorted. Likewise I updated another thread on the subject of lights (I think it was). Bristol bled the system and updated the software as per the VW instructions but the roof still had to be raised 4 times in two days the following weekend and the lights also stopped working. It's booked back in with Bristol and they have kindly said they will keep it until it is totally fixed but have to go through all the correct hoops with VW to get it done. Fingers crossed, although don't hold your breath since it is booked in for March.