Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Océan T6 not charging on hookup

W

Waldo

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
My battery is not charging when on hookup, what can I check before going to the dealer?
Charging is working fine when I plug a CTEK into the kitchen cigarette plug, but the PLUG symbol on the camper display is flashing.
Any ideas?

My battery is not charging when on hookup, what can I check before going to the dealer?
Charging is working fine when I plug a CTEK into the kitchen cigarette plug, but the PLUG symbol on the camper display is flashing.
Any ideas?
Check that the Mains Plug ( Kitchen kettle type plug ) is fully plugged in on the Vehicle Mains Charger. This can be found above the rear Leisure Battery at the base of the rear wardrobe. Access is via the removable panel at the base of the rear wardrobe.
A not uncommon fault. It is not checked on delivery at the Dealership.

...and to add just check the breaker is on in cupboard, (is the 240 socket live on the end on the sink)

...and to add just check the breaker is on in cupboard, (is the 240 socket live on the end on the sink)
and make sure you reboot the control display, I had this problem on my brand new van, just need the display completely turning off and on again.

If you plug cteck into kitchen 12v socket, won't that just charge the leisure batteries?
Just a thought.

• Agree
Reactions: Loz
Any ideas?
Just to help you understand the system a little:
Camper_Electrics_Ocean.png

If the symbol is flashing on the display it needs a reset of the controlpanel .

• Agree
Reactions: Loz
We had the same and checked under the
Check that the Mains Plug ( Kitchen kettle type plug ) is fully plugged in on the Vehicle Mains Charger. This can be found above the rear Leisure Battery at the base of the rear wardrobe. Access is via the removable panel at the base of the rear wardrobe.
yes had the same problem and this was the solution

IMG_5959.jpeg
I fixed mine today thanks to this thread. Thought I’d update it with a photo for those who like me search for “hookup not working”. As an fyi this happened when I installed solar. So just something to check when you’re putting everything back where it goes.