Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Number Plate Visibility for Ocean 6.1 Bike Rack

mogfor

mogfor

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
After a 12 month wait, our Ocean 6.1 is finally with the dealer and we collect in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, the dealer won't do number plates with the new UK symbol and flag (required when driving in Europe) so I need to order myself. We've ordered the standard boot mounted bike rack which leaves the rear number plate visible when not in use but I can't see whether it blocks the plate when lowered with bikes on? If it does I'll order a second spare plate for the bike rack at the same time as it's only a small additional charge. Anybody know whether this is an issue or not?

ea9b0a4733_T6 Bike rack cvt.jpg

After a 12 month wait, our Ocean 6.1 is finally with the dealer and we collect in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, the dealer won't do number plates with the new UK symbol and flag (required when driving in Europe) so I need to order myself. We've ordered the standard boot mounted bike rack which leaves the rear number plate visible when not in use but I can't see whether it blocks the plate when lowered with bikes on? If it does I'll order a second spare plate for the bike rack at the same time as it's only a small additional charge. Anybody know whether this is an issue or not?

View attachment 85800
Not an issue.

Not an issue. That's the whole point why this bike rack was designed this way, to clear lights and number plate when in use. No need for anything additional.
Just Italy and Spain will require an additional specific sign on the outmost part of the rack, whether it is in use or folded, but no repetition of driving license or additional rear lights.

Unfortunately, the dealer won't do number plates with the new UK symbol and flag (required when driving in Europe) so I need to order myself.
View attachment 85800

If you’re in Spain, Cyprus or Malta, you must display a UK sticker no matter what is on your number plate.

As we go to Spain a lot, we have a standard plates and a cheap sticker.

Just Italy and Spain will require an additional specific sign on the outmost part of the rack, whether it is in use or folded, but no repetition of driving license or additional rear lights.
Spain doesn't require the additional sign when the bike rack is folded.