Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Not out to cause a riot - but!

In terms of VW missing a trick, I think WelshGas makes a good point - there are clearly gaps in the current offering. Even if the basic models remained the same, they could be making a killing with a wider range of integrated storage options
Agree Marigold, definitely a market in my opinion for well made, well designed interchangeable, stackable, sliding whatever pod units from VW. The customer could move pods round to suit that trips requirements, fridge larder unit with worktop could go either side, front or back of the Cali with or without cooker pod. Stackable clothes units, bedding boxes, water tank and shower etc They could market a whole range of accessories aimed at the multi purpose use of the Beach.

Spot on. I too have 3 kids and the 7 seats were more important than a hob and sink.

I think it's a shame that VW do not offer the electric roof in the Beach though.
Thats interesting - one of the reasons i was attracted to the Beach was the manual roof - my manual roof takes quite a bit of strength to clip it down. In my amateur engineering view asking a pair of rams to do that long term is asking for trouble

Thats interesting - one of the reasons i was attracted to the Beach was the manual roof - my manual roof takes quite a bit of strength to clip it down. In my amateur engineering view asking a pair of rams to do that long term is asking for trouble

Having experienced Volkswagens (erm) reliability (cough) first hand over the years, it was something else which steered me towards the Beach.
I absolutely wouldn't want to own that roof outside of warranty...!!!

One problem with aftermarket pods is fixing them down so firmly that they stay in place in the event of a crash. Even a minor bump, or even braking hard, can send the contents of the van flying forward alarmingly. This is why most trade vans have a steel bulkhead.

Back