Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Norwegian trip planned

Anthony1

Anthony1

Too young to be old
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I hope I posted this in the correct place, I got a smack across the knuckles for my last post.

We are planning a trip to Norway, leaving in about 3 weeks. We plan to be away for about four or five weeks.

I know quite a few people have done this trip. Are there any tips they could pass on? I know food and alcohol is expensive, what about fresh groceries, bread, fuel etc? Do we need any permits/camping carnet? I am a member of ACSI.

Many thanks in advance.

Don't know if you seen this

Don't know about the current prices for food and diesel ....
It was an expencive trip , most was spent on diesel , but worth every penny!
@WelshGas is leaving soon up north so he can give intel on price later

Last edited:
I hope I posted this in the correct place, I got a smack across the knuckles for my last post.

We are planning a trip to Norway, leaving in about 3 weeks. We plan to be away for about four or five weeks.

I know quite a few people have done this trip. Are there any tips they could pass on? I know food and alcohol is expensive, what about fresh groceries, bread, fuel etc? Do we need any permits/camping carnet? I am a member of ACSI.

Many thanks in advance.
I’m leaving on my 3rd trip on Wednesday.
Everything is available. Depending on where you are going, don’t leave it to the last minute to refuel as there can be distance between gas stops.
Campingaz NOT sold in Scandinavia.
There are a lot of Toll roads & tunnels, virtually impossible to avoid. ALL bar one are Camera Controlled. You will get a bill via an agreement Norway has with DVLA some weeks after leaving Norway.
If you register here https://www.epcplc.com/# then you can guarantee the tolls will be correct. The Toll and Ferry charges are reasonable.
Prices - Think Central London +. Personally I didn’t think it over the top.

See here.

I’m leaving on my 3rd trip on Wednesday.
Everything is available. Depending on where you are going, don’t leave it to the last minute to refuel as there can be distance between gas stops.
Campingaz NOT sold in Scandinavia.
There are a lot of Toll roads & tunnels, virtually impossible to avoid. ALL bar one are Camera Controlled. You will get a bill via an agreement Norway has with DVLA some weeks after leaving Norway.
If you register here https://www.epcplc.com/# then you can guarantee the tolls will be correct. The Toll and Ferry charges are reasonable.
Prices - Think Central London +. Personally I didn’t think it over the top.

See here.

Are you wild camping or using sites?
If the latter, have you booked in advance?
Would you recommend taking a fuel can with some diesel?
Re. the tolls etc, you pay when you get home? I have registered with epcplc now.

Are you wild camping or using sites?
If the latter, have you booked in advance?
Would you recommend taking a fuel can with some diesel?
Re. the tolls etc, you pay when you get home? I have registered with epcplc now.
I’ll be using sites and wild camping in Norway. The ASCI app ( Free) and you pay for the Countries you want shows campsites + Motorhome “ aires “ some free, some with basic facilities and some all singing with showers and electric for reasonable costs.
This time of year all sites are not even 1/3 full so no problem . July into August is the main season.
I got my invoice about 4 weeks after returning, for the grand total of 289NOK, about £29 with information on how to pay online with Visa or MasterCard or via your bank/internet banking to their nominated U.K. bank branch.