Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Norway Roadtrip series in our California on Youtube

Would you like to see more posts like this?

• Total voters
J

Joefarina

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi friends,

I don’t know if you are interested in visiting Norway on our beloved Vans!
we are a Family of four from Sicily. This summer we’ve been to Norway and we are rolling out a series of 30 videos on our YouTube channel (English subs available)
We spent 23 days Travelling Norway up to Lofoten.

This year we managed to add English subs to our YouTube channel so if you like to take a sneer peek at one of the most beautiful places to visit with our van, if you are wondering if 4 people can live inside a van for so many days, if you want to simply have fun, if you want to have hints on the route, consumptions etc, take a look.
I wouldn’t like to bother someone so please leave a comment and let me know if you would be interested in looking at other episodes or you prefer not to see other posts.
Here it is the link to the last episode

here it is the link to our channel
https://urlgeni.us/youtube/Wlcm

have fun.

742D3CE3-40B0-4599-86AA-9D176E71327A.jpeg

Here it is the #16 episode of Familytrip goes Norway. Remember to turn on English subs if you need them
https://urlgeni.us/youtube/Norway16
Waking up with dolphins in front of your van, going to visit another superb waterfall. At min 8 I feel a big emotion, looking at this episode, since I can remember how, as soon as you think the day is done, here it comes another wow. Norway deserves a roadtrip with your heart wide open.

Subscribe to the Youtube channel here if you want

#steinsdalfossen #fossenbratte #norway #vanlife #roadtrip
16 foto.jpg

Here it is the #15 episode of @familytrip goes Norway.
If you go for a Norway road trip you can’t miss this spot. A super scenic rest place, neat, useful, in front of the fjord going towards Bergen. We spotted dolphins dancing in front of us the day after.
English subs available. Lots of tips

https://urlgeni.us/youtube/Norway15
#15 steinstoberget Rastplasse Pesca  15 giugno 1.jpg
Subscribe to the Youtube channel here if you want

Thanks for the videos, great to see you went to all the best places. We spent a month touring may/june last year and the highlight was definitely the Lofotens. I bet you enjoyed the dried cod, I understand Italy is the main export destination!
Hopefully this September we will make it down through mainland Italy to Sicily. Never been further south than Puglia

You have a new subscriber :)
Thank you so much. We try our best to roll out enjoyable videos, to inspire our community on nice places to go, and to influence families to have a good time together.

Thanks for the videos, great to see you went to all the best places. We spent a month touring may/june last year and the highlight was definitely the Lofotens. I bet you enjoyed the dried cod, I understand Italy is the main export destination!
Hopefully this September we will make it down through mainland Italy to Sicily. Never been further south than Puglia
You’re welcome, fee free to share our videos, and support us giving a big thumb up.
Sicily has a lot of nice places to go. For us is less exotic since we live here. Be prepared to hot summers, but we often go to “captain camping” at the southernmost part of Sicily (go there and tell you know us) and our Cali keep us fresh if you leave the pop top up and the windows towards sun chit down and the opposite open. We couldn’t enjoy Lofoten since weather was pretty bad, and foggy. So wi missed the top of the mountains. We had just 2 days so we had to go. For Us Norway is the Van paradise. We are going to Scotland this summer. Hope wind will allot us to open the top and weather will be enjoyable. Let me know if you have any suggestion. In Sicily you can’t miss Etna (two sides : piano Provenza a and rifugio sapienza, this one better during summer). Portopalo (south) Taormina for a fancy stroll, Ortigia, nice beaches and campings near Marina di Ragusa. Camping “la spiaggetta” in Sampieri. Feel free to ask.

is it possible to get to the lofotens and senja and back from Rotterdam within 12 days and camping on the way up ?

is it possible to get to the lofotens and senja and back from Rotterdam within 12 days and camping on the way up ?
I guess it’s too much. Consider we had 23 days, started from Sicily so we spent 4 days on the go and 4 back just to arrive to Norway. So 15 days in Norway and going to Lofoten was a loooong stroll and we stayed there just for 2 days. Norway has a lot of places to see. If you have 2 weeks I would suggest to have lower Norway and Lofoten and senja next time

Many thanks for your Sicily suggestions. Any information on sites (tourist destinations) and sites for camping would be most welcome. Loved the pictures of the medieval wooden church in southern Norway, we stayed at the site opposite this and it was really good. My wife'sfamily comes from Amalfi region (Pontone) so we want to visit this area and continue on to Sicily. My experience of Italy is that September is a good month to avoid the heat and have decent weather for site seeing but I value your opinion
regards
Bob

May is a great month too. Maybe colder than sept for having a bath, but colorful . In Norway we have been in a great self service camping right in front of the fjord. There will be something in a episode. Tomorrow I should roll out Bergen In a sunny day

Another new subscriber. We are going to Norway in our camper this June/July so your videos are perfect! You all look like you are having lots of fun.
What was your route into Norway? Any reason for choosing the route you chose?
Scotland is a great place to visit. I think you will love it!

Our route was Hirtshals to Kristiansand on the go (best hours- cost- km ratio, moreover we took the ferry in the afternoon and arrived at Kristiansand above midnight so it was useful to rest a little after a long 4 days driving). From the land through the super nice Copenhagen coming back. We preferred not to book anything and be free coming down from Lofoten and wanted to visit A big capital. You can park in the city center at Copenhagen. Must say that the trip with the boat was very weird because of strong wind. So guess I would not do a longer trip as it would have been from Hirtshals to far destinations. Kristiansand is a perfect place to start your tour and you not miss so many things. You can visit Oslo on your way back since coming down from the E-6, you will find near Sweden.

Short answer No, I’m afraid.
4,200 miles or so via The Bridge and Sweden. 72 hours minimum driving.

Short answer No, I’m afraid.
4,200 miles or so via The Bridge and Sweden. 72 hours minimum driving.
It's a shame the ferry from Newcastle to Oslo has stopped. I sort of gathered it might be too far. Cheers

Nice videos. Strange, I live much closer to Norway but my dream is to take my California to Sicily but I think it is a bit too far away. We where in Rome last year with it :)

Nice videos. Strange, I live much closer to Norway but my dream is to take my California to Sicily but I think it is a bit too far away. We where in Rome last year with it :)

It's always that way , there are thousends tourists going to the Belgian coast from all arround europe , we live 100km from there and i would not spent a two weeks summerhollyday in july on our Belgian coast for free....;)
Norway is a destination we will be heading back after we came for three weeks a few years ago , this year it will be Scotland doh !
@Joefarina , seems the links you posted above don't work on my Ipad ?

Anyone going to Norway should be aware that after Trondheim (not even half way up the country to the Lofotens!) the roads get very slow, they may be major 'E' routes and if you average 35mph you are doing well. Multiple road works as they only have a short window in the summer to repair. Coastal route FV7 fabulous scenery but much slower still, took us 5 days from Bodo to Trondheim, minimum 6 ferries (get a 50% reduction card for both road tolls and the ferries, you can pay via EFC plc by setting up an account). Be prepared for bad weather cancelling ferries, we had a 150 mile detour because of this and allow more days than you think for the trip as Norwegian weather is very variable and some days will be lost to fog/heavy rain. Allow minimum 4 days to see Lofotens.

Anyone going to Norway should be aware that after Trondheim (not even half way up the country to the Lofotens!) the roads get very slow, they may be major 'E' routes and if you average 35mph you are doing well. Multiple road works as they only have a short window in the summer to repair. Coastal route FV7 fabulous scenery but much slower still, took us 5 days from Bodo to Trondheim, minimum 6 ferries (get a 50% reduction card for both road tolls and the ferries, you can pay via EFC plc by setting up an account). Be prepared for bad weather cancelling ferries, we had a 150 mile detour because of this and allow more days than you think for the trip as Norwegian weather is very variable and some days will be lost to fog/heavy rain. Allow minimum 4 days to see Lofotens.
One of the reasons I only go in May. Virtually No tourists, campsites open if you want them and roadworks just starting.
4th Trip this year to Knordkapp but this time via Norway and then we'll see.
The Lofoten Islands is one place to see But not during the Summer season.
Weather, over the last 3 trips I had 1 afternoon of snow and 1 wet day plus the occasional downpour. Only got my waterproofs out once.

We drove from Norway to Sicily over seven months. Spent five/six weeks in each. We enjoyed the Catania side of Sicily more than the Palermo side.

Here it is!! Traffic is really Slow. and lots of roadwork. I loved Lofoten, but thinking back it was crazy have 2 days going up, 2 days going down and 2 days there. Well have magic memories, but you deserve at least 10 days to enjoy the whole trip and back from Trondheim up.

The episode #17 is out today. in premiere right now.
here it is the link. It's a sunny day in Bergen with some smart suggestion for parking and then an emotional road towards Naeroyfjord

#17 Bergen foto.jpg

Our route was Hirtshals to Kristiansand on the go (best hours- cost- km ratio, moreover we took the ferry in the afternoon and arrived at Kristiansand above midnight so it was useful to rest a little after a long 4 days driving). From the land through the super nice Copenhagen coming back. We preferred not to book anything and be free coming down from Lofoten and wanted to visit A big capital. You can park in the city center at Copenhagen. Must say that the trip with the boat was very weird because of strong wind. So guess I would not do a longer trip as it would have been from Hirtshals to far destinations. Kristiansand is a perfect place to start your tour and you not miss so many things. You can visit Oslo on your way back since coming down from the E-6, you will find near Sweden.
Thank you for that information. We hopefully will have 7 weeks in June/July so maybe we will get to the Lofotens and then head down gradually to Kristiansand. I am looking forward to seeing your future videos!

If you go Lofoten bring with you fishing Gear. Hungry Cods Everywhere. You will see in the next episodes