Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Norway - campsite recommendations

H

H Marriage

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Have just got back from Iceland, and now on ferry heading to Sweden. We’re planning on doing the coastal route up through the west coast of Norway and up to the Lofoten Islands. Does anyone have any good campsite recommendations, or advice regarding the route up through Norway please?
Many thanks.

Thanks very much - we’ll take a look.

Have just got back from Iceland, and now on ferry heading to Sweden. We’re planning on doing the coastal route up through the west coast of Norway and up to the Lofoten Islands. Does anyone have any good campsite recommendations, or advice regarding the route up through Norway please?
Many thanks.

Keep off the E6 south of Narvik. Don't book ahead, drive on the coastal road and stop at campsites where you fancy - there are plenty.

Furøy Camping was probably our favourite, close to Norway's lowest glacier, and you can "Kiss a moose".

Follow my blog: www.au-revoir.eu

Thanks very much Tom. Hope you enjoy the last few days of your adventure. I guess it will be hard settling down for a while!

Don't forget wild camping. We did about 75% on our five weeks thete. It's encoragede and great spots can be found just drive off the main roads

We’ll certainly consider that. Back home in Scotland we have done it a lot, but have been a bit more cautious since touring Europe. I’m guessing though that Norway will have the same feel as Scotland, and in the remoter north we may well end up wild camping. We also have the advantage of a solar panel, so are less reliant on hook up. Thanks for your suggestion.