Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

No sound on Sat Nav

windrift-pass

windrift-pass

VIP Member
Vehicle
Looking to buy
2022 Coast.
Apple car play sat nav working fine, but no sound, it’s like I’ve pressed a mute button!
Radio works fine with volume control, tried the trick of increasing the volume on a sat nav announcement, but no success.
Any help appreciated

IMG_4722.jpeg

Try going to your iPhone settings >maps > spoken directions >
And check that “directions on radio” is selected…you can also set the default volume there.

Try going to your iPhone settings >maps > spoken directions >
And check that “directions on radio” is selected…you can also set the default volume there.
Thanks kpttnuts for your reply.
Tried that and unfortunately it didn’t work.
Any advice/suggestions appreciated

Thanks kpttnuts for your reply.
Tried that and unfortunately it didn’t work.
Any advice/suggestions appreciated
Does music played from phone work?

Does music played from phone work?
Yes, radio and music from my iPhone works fine.
I’ve noticed that when the volume control knob is turned, there is a blue audio line only at the top of the screen.

Yes, radio and music from my iPhone works fine.
I’ve noticed that when the volume control knob is turned, there is a blue audio line only at the top of the screen.
Does the sound work when you use maps without your phone being plugged in to your vehicle…if yes, I’d try a different cable. Another thing worth looking at is the “control screen” on your phone while connected through the cable to see if it thinks you have headphones fitted? Pies and drag down from the top right corner…look to see if you get a speaker or headphone symbol and check what volume is there…I haven’t tried that when attached to a vehicle but just an idea I’d try to eliminate things.
1715063442533.png

***Press*** instead of pies!!
Autocorrect can be annoying!!

Thanks for your help/response.
Tried all suggestions without success, looking like a trip to the dealership.

Back