Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

TheDoc

TheDoc

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi All

Planning on buying a T5 Cali in the next week or two so thought I’d join for some initial buying support and to contribute to the forum when I’ve got something a bit more interesting to say.... I used to have a T2 Westie many years ago that I lived in for a while and I’m planning on living in the Cali in the week for work as I’m moving to the coast and a daily commute will be too much.

Welcome on board .

Thanks all. I was looking at a 2011 180 4motion but having browsed the forum it sounds like that may be one to avoid....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Welcome Oliver
Any chance to see some pictures of your Westie?

On the 180hp question I can only give my personal impression by browsing this forum too: the more reliable and recommended engine is the 2.0 TDI with 150 hp.

Hope you find what you are looking for

Welcome Oliver
Any chance to see some pictures of your Westie?

On the 180hp question I can only give my personal impression by browsing this forum too: the more reliable and recommended engine is the 2.0 TDI with 150 hp.

Hope you find what you are looking for

Thanks for the advise - much appreciated. Sadly I don’t have any pictures of my Westie as I din’t have a camera back then:-(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

welcome. I think the 180 is fine after 2012 model year before that some had oil consumption issues or so I believe.

I have the 180 DSG 4 motion auto and am very happy with it...

Thanks all. I was looking at a 2011 180 4motion but having browsed the forum it sounds like that may be one to avoid....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I think the general consensus that the 180bhp that may have issues are only the ones from 2010/2011