Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Newbie to California’s

Judrop

Judrop

Vehicle
T5 SE 140 4Motion
Hi all,
So I’m the proud new owner of a California.
This site is very useful and mind blowing at the same time.
My California is 5 years old and on collection one of the rear headrests will not click down. I really want to remove them anyway and have read the how to remove guide which I’m not sure I’d be able to do ( don’t want to damage anything)
If I take to a dealer would they remove them for me?
Jules

No, easy peasy. Follow the instructions, squeeze in and pull up.

No, easy peasy. Follow the instructions, squeeze in and pull up.
To remove? I thought you had to knock a pin with a punch? The headrest is stuck in up position at the moment and I can’t get it to go back for when I put the seats flat !

Hi Judrop :welcome

we were all Cali Virgins one !

a dealer will probably charge you to carry out the works.

far better to get stuck in to the best of your ability and carry out these easy types of thing yourself.

ps can you update your profile with your vehicle details, it will help others in a more specific response

Sorry, my misread. You are talking remove completely? There’s plenty of detail via Google.

Hi all,
So I’m the proud new owner of a California.
This site is very useful and mind blowing at the same time.
My California is 5 years old and on collection one of the rear headrests will not click down. I really want to remove them anyway and have read the how to remove guide which I’m not sure I’d be able to do ( don’t want to damage anything)
If I take to a dealer would they remove them for me?
Jules
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/resources/how-to-remove-the-rear-headrests.43/

To remove? I thought you had to knock a pin with a punch? The headrest is stuck in up position at the moment and I can’t get it to go back for when I put the seats flat !
You are correct. I think you may have a problem as I believe you need it in the folded down position to get at the pins that need removing.

Last edited:

far better to get stuck in to the best of your ability and carry out these easy types of thing yourself.

ps can you update your profile with your vehicle details, it will help others in a more specific response
Will do and Thankyou

Trying to find out how I do that too

@Judrop Does the button under the headrest/on top of the seat depress or is that the bit that is stuck? or does the catch release but the headrest not fold? Are there any addition seat covers on that could be catching?
It can be very stiff especially if coming at it from on the seat. Have you tried from in the boot, pushing the head rest forwards before pushing the button? sometimes the pressure of putting your hand under the headrest to reach the button puts pressure on the release mechanism to make it quite tight. Once you have the knack they should fold easily so doesn't sound quite right.

B
@Judrop Does the button under the headrest/on top of the seat depress or is that the bit that is stuck? or does the catch release but the headrest not fold? Are there any addition seat covers on that could be catching?
It can be very stiff especially if coming at it from on the seat. Have you tried from in the boot, pushing the head rest forwards before pushing the button? sometimes the pressure of putting your hand under the headrest to reach the button puts pressure on the release mechanism to make it quite tight. Once you have the knack they should fold easily so doesn't sound quite right.
hi
It depresses a little but not completely.
Not yet tried from the back of the van, still it’s of items in the boot but going to have a go tomorrow when I empty to have a good look. Only purchased it on Monday and the seller told me to take to a dealer and he would pay to get it into down position.

Back