Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Newbie from St Helens

Wiggs

Wiggs

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Hi Everyone ,

Having done a tour of Iceland in a converted VW a few years ago, we decided to take the plunge and order a Cali last October (19/10/20) from Liverpool VW.

We've gone for an Ocean 204, 4Motion in Cherry Red with the following options;
  • Sports Pack
  • Chrome Pack
  • 80 Ltr Fuel Tank
  • Rear Dif Lock, Drive Select & DCC, Hill descent control
  • Wood Floor
  • Art velour upholstery
  • Mud flaps
  • Power Sliding Door
  • Shower Connection
Initially hoped we'd have it for June, but no such luck, so we recently got back from the Outer Hebrides having made use of a hire to trial all the gear we've bought etc.

Not a clue when it will arrive. Desperately hoping we'll have it for the end of August (fingers crossed!).

Cheers,

Ian

Last edited:
Hi Everyone ,

Having done a tour of Iceland in a converted VW a few years ago, we decided to take the plunge and order a Cali last October (19/10/20) from Liverpool VW.

• Sports Pack
  • Chrome Pack
  • 80 Ltr Fuel Tank
  • Wood Floor
  • Art velour upholstery
  • Mud flaps
  • Power Sliding Door
  • Shower Connection
Initially hoped we'd have it for June, but no such luck, so we recently got back from the Outer Hebrides having made use of a hire to trial all the gear we've bought etc.

Not a clue when it will arrive. Desperately hoping we'll have it for the end of August (fingers crossed!).

Cheers,

Ian
Congratulations @Wiggs and welcome on board.

So another trip to Iceland due once the new van arrives? :thumb

Congratulations @Wiggs and welcome on board.

So another trip to Iceland due once the new van arrives? :thumb
Hi,

I'd go back to Iceland in a second - incredible place, awesome people & food, scenery changing every 30 minutes and some really fun driving. But the plan is to keep a little closer to home to start with, want to bag all the Wainwrights within the next two years :thumb

Hi,

I'd go back to Iceland in a second - incredible place, awesome people & food, scenery changing every 30 minutes and some really fun driving. But the plan is to keep a little closer to home to start with, want to bag all the Wainwrights within the next two years :thumb

Awesome plan on the Wainwrights. We used our Cali as a base station when doing my wife's 50th birthday challenge of the three peaks in 1 year ... and it proved the best vehicle that we could've used.

I just mentioned Wainwrights to her - as her possible next challenge ... and I got chased out of the room :D ...

Iceland is on the cards and have heard lots. Possibly next year ... if this years' Norway trip in Sept goes ahead as planned.

Enjoy ... as much as you can ... the wait - it is terrible ;):thumb

Hi Everyone ,

• Sports Pack
  • Chrome Pack
  • 80 Ltr Fuel Tank
  • Wood Floor
  • Art velour upholstery
  • Mud flaps
  • Power Sliding Door
  • Shower Connection

Cheers,

Ian
Welcome here!
I feel like a kindred spirit for several reasons: I ordered an Ocean with Sports pack and DCC (both quite rare it seems) in October, and am still waiting for a build week too. Probably something to do with our exotic options!
Interesting you ordered the mudflaps - I was told they were incompatible with the Sports Pack (the black undertray?)
I've never seen a Cali with sports pack AND chrome pack. Look forward to seeing pics of yours. Keep your chin up, it'll be worth the wait.

Hi Everyone ,

• Sports Pack
  • Chrome Pack
  • 80 Ltr Fuel Tank
  • Wood Floor
  • Art velour upholstery
  • Mud flaps
  • Power Sliding Door
  • Shower Connection

Cheers,

Ian
Welcome from The Wirral, hope the trial went well.

Welcome here!
I feel like a kindred spirit for several reasons: I ordered an Ocean with Sports pack and DCC (both quite rare it seems) in October, and am still waiting for a build week too. Probably something to do with our exotic options!
Interesting you ordered the mudflaps - I was told they were incompatible with the Sports Pack (the black undertray?)
I've never seen a Cali with sports pack AND chrome pack. Look forward to seeing pics of yours. Keep your chin up, it'll be worth the wait.
Hi @66tim99 ,

Don't know if it helps, but VW Chat told me yesterday that I have a build date of 12/07, so fingers crossed?!

I'm hoping the mudflaps are compatable, it wasn't challenged when we placed the order, but I guess we'll see. With the decision about adding the chrome pack as well, I just liked how it finished the look. My avatar is from building it in the configurator - I only look at the pictures with hope and anticipation a few hundred times a day! :embarrased

Last edited: