Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Newbie Beach Owner plus Bed Topper Question!

rippers

rippers

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Hi guys hopefully picking up our 7 seat Beach on Saturday (very excited!)

I have been looking into the bed toppers and the three seat bed seat doesn't look that comfortable, we also have a 1970 Bay window Westfalia and that has the most comfortable bed ever so need to get it right.

I have looked as the few available for the three seat bench bed and I like the look of the Brandrup iXtend Topper http://www.brandrup.de/en/brandrup-prod ... le-ixtend/ scroll down a bit..

Has any had any experience of these and where is the cheapest place to get one in the UK

Thanks and look forward to sharing our experiences on the forum!

Ooh so you can use this and still leave all 7 seats in by the look of things..that might come in handy on occasion...
I was planning to take out the middle row if we go away for any more than a few days but sounds like if we didn't, it wouldn't be a disaster...
I haven't tried out the bed in ours yet and had planned to just get a comfortz topper but not sure whether this is going to be enough to even out the lumps and bumps!

I intend to take the middle seats out when camping, I don't really need them but they where in the van so its all good, sure will come in handy on airport runs etc

I looked at the comfortz topper too and its seems fairly reasonable, I share the same doubt thou on whether it will be enough to cover all the lumps/bumps. I also like the finish of the squared off edges on the Brandrup, looks like it fits to perfection… but in the real world I haven't experienced either so would still be interested to hear from someone that has

what I'd really like to do is a sleep-test of the Brandrup one versus a multi-layer Comfortz one…looking at them both they would appear to be similar dimensions for packing etc but would be interested to try them out!

Its really hard to decide. The zonesleep looks too thin and like it would get dirty really quickly without a fitted sheet. The comfortz looks better but I'm not keen on the finish of the edges. The Brandrup one looks the best but its also the dearest, I did phone SMG for a quote on Friday but no ones called back (which has been my experience with every VW dealer so far :? ) Anywhere I else I could try for Brandrup?

it does look like the Brandrup version takes up a lot of room, but I guess the Zonesleep + roll mats will end up being similar bulk (and potentially more unwieldy with having several different items rather than just one)…I agree it does look a very nice product

I'm getting a bit concerned about fitting in the drive-away awning, 5 sleeping bags, the mattress topper, camping beds (if using the awning too), cooker, plus all the other bits and pieces, and am looking for a max comfort/minimum bulk option!!

Have you tried ordering through other VW dealers? Colbornes in Godalming have been great with me, even delivering my missing cool box cable to the door on Saturday to save me the 2 hour round trip!

The VW Dealer I bought the Van from in Dartford had never even heard of Brandrup despite selling California's ! I'll have a look around at the local dealers, the most local Van dealer to me is Hatfield but not keen on going back after the last experience.. (another story) I haven't had it good so far was very close to not buying one at all because of the dealer attitudes, I'm dreading the services :(

Just Spoke to SMG.. Very helpful and the VIP discount is worth it weight. Going to order the iXtend as soon as I get clearance from the missus :cool:

Went for zone sleeper as wanted less bulk. Not much room as it is having to cart gear for the six of us! Fits nicely in the bag on top of the shelf.

image.jpg

Here's my Comfortz Topper

Very very comfortable

BettyMattress1.jpg

BettyMattress2.jpg

BettyMattress4.jpg

BettyMattress6.jpg

James

Attachments

• BettyMattress1.jpg
    BettyMattress1.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 10
  • BettyMattress2.jpg
    BettyMattress2.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 6
  • BettyMattress4.jpg
    BettyMattress4.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 5
  • BettyMattress6.jpg
    BettyMattress6.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 7
Give me a call Rippers (01246 825873) - I have one you can try before you buy :thumb

Cheers,
Nick

comfortz said:
Give me a call Rippers (01246 825873) - I have one you can try before you buy :thumb

Cheers,
Nick

Go for a the wild colours :)

This is a great product - so comfy :)

James

Back